Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BBT Varginally

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:21 AM
  • 26 Replies

I am going to start taking my BBT vaginally soon rather than orally due to the research i've done that it is more accurate. I am interested in seeing a bbt chart that was taken vaginally to see what kinds of temps you are getting advise of how you've doing it.  I have read the normal average bbt for orally but haven't seen much talk about vaginally temps except that they are a little higher than orally.  Can anyone help me out.  Thank ladies.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM

BUMP!

bry36
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

MY temps vary each cycle but its pretty much same rules same time of day and before you get out of bed after at least 3 hrs of sleep this cycle my low was 97.23 high was yesterday 98.20

bry36
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

The only real difference is sometimes I fall back asleep LOL and its hard to hear the beep

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

idk but i'm interested in doing the same. i sleep with my mouth open alot and i'm pretty sure it's severely affecting my temps. i'm almost 100% positive i'm ovulating but i'm not getting that confirmation from temps. wanna do it next cycle and compare? i'm already almost halfway into this cycle and been sick the whole time :(

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM

how do you fall asleep with something in your vag? lol. and do you sleep naked? seems like a pita to pull your pants down every mornign before you even get out of bed just to temp.

Quoting bry36:

The only real difference is sometimes I fall back asleep LOL and its hard to hear the beep

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I don't pull mine down I just move them over...I don't wear pants to bed though so I guess if you do that'd be a pain lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

how do you fall asleep with something in your vag? lol. and do you sleep naked? seems like a pita to pull your pants down every mornign before you even get out of bed just to temp.

Quoting bry36:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

lol yah. i usually wear yoga pants to bed. it's moving into summertime tho so i could get used to it while i'm wearing shorts and then just suck it up for the winter. lol

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

I don't pull mine down I just move them over...I don't wear pants to bed though so I guess if you do that'd be a pain lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting bry36:

SiobhanTTC
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM

What is the normal average? I am having that is sure right now. I had a dip 3 days ago and 97.7 then 2 days ago at 98.4 and today at 99.7? I don't know what to think 

rbdanes
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I just started yesterday... First time temping and using OPKs so I'll be interested to see the results... Once I get my chart going I'll share

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I'm not sure the average vaginal bbt, but my naturopath doc said the ideal range pre O is 97.6 - 98.2.  I wear pajama pants to bed in the winter, there is enough give that I can stretch them open & get my hand & therm down there & insert it.  In the summer when I wear shorts, I just pull them to the side.  I don't temp the first day or so on AF when I would get blood on my therm if I temped then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)