Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

may have to come back to ttc. who knows?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 35 Replies

So 3 blissful days after getting my bfp, I was having brown spotting. My doc first told me it was probably because I was constipated on Saturday and that could've irritated it. So yesterday morning, I got blood work.  I will have to get more blood work on Wednesday morning.  Then later yesterday (4 days later), it turned to maroon blood.  Called the doc again and she said if it gets heavier (still can manage with a panty liner), bright red, and/or painful (no pain), to go to the hospital.  Told me to take it easy and drink lots of water.  Could be a few things: 1. nothing but irritated from constipation 2. beginning of a miscarriage or 3. ectopic pregnancy.  Can't do an ultrasound as she said it's too early to see anything. Still maroon blood. At this point, I don't know how to think/feel.  Yesterday, I was a mess. I left work early.  Everyone is telling me it can be normal, but this is my first pregnancy and I don't believe anyone lol.  I am a little numb.  I'm sitting here thinking that maybe I'm miscarrying and I'm just not meant to be a mom. Not crying, not whiney...just matter of fact about it. weird. Sorry this post is a little depressing...I just needed to get it out. I hope all you lovely ladies get your bfp's soon with sticky little beans! 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookworm97
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Don't panic yet. Just do what your doc said-monitor the bleeding or any changes to the bleeding, watch for pain, drink plenty of water, and try to relax. The bloodwork results will also help in this situation. Hope this is your sticky bean and everything turns out ok for you. ((HUGS))

wantthatbaby46
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I'm not feeling panicky anymore like I was yesterday. Just hoping I get an answer soon. I have off until Friday, so I can get plenty of rest.  Man, babies make you wait on everything! first you wait for AF to be over, then you wait to ovulate, then you wait until AF arrives again, then you wait to test lol. Goodness!

Quoting bookworm97:

Don't panic yet. Just do what your doc said-monitor the bleeding or any changes to the bleeding, watch for pain, drink plenty of water, and try to relax. The bloodwork results will also help in this situation. Hope this is your sticky bean and everything turns out ok for you. ((HUGS))

nirvanadonna
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
That happened to me when i was pregnant. I had light but red bleeding, no cramps, but i was still scared. I went to the ER telling them that i was pregnant and bleeding. The nurse (who was a complete idiot) tried to find my baby's heart beat and couldn't. That started freaking me out. So they gave me an ultrasound. After the longest wait ever the doctor comes in and tells me that my levels are nice and high but there was a cyst on my ovary that was bleeding out through my uterus. You can go to the ER and they will check your levels. Good luck and happy and healthy nine months.
wantthatbaby46
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Thank you! Were you using a pad or pantyliner at all?  I am thinking of going to the ER when my hubby gets home if nothing changes just so that I can get more instant information lol.  

Quoting nirvanadonna:

That happened to me when i was pregnant. I had light but red bleeding, no cramps, but i was still scared. I went to the ER telling them that i was pregnant and bleeding. The nurse (who was a complete idiot) tried to find my baby's heart beat and couldn't. That started freaking me out. So they gave me an ultrasound. After the longest wait ever the doctor comes in and tells me that my levels are nice and high but there was a cyst on my ovary that was bleeding out through my uterus. You can go to the ER and they will check your levels. Good luck and happy and healthy nine months.

nirvanadonna
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Quoting wantthatbaby46:

just a panty liner
wantthatbaby46
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM

me too

Quoting nirvanadonna:

Quoting wantthatbaby46:

just a panty liner

nirvanadonna
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Quoting wantthatbaby46:

any clots?
X.Rukia.X
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I hope you are not experiencing a mc but if u are that doesn't mean you aren't meant to be a mom! I had a missed mc after my first son. After i had a d&c (baby would not leave my body) we got pregnant right away (after my body healed from the procedure) with twin boys! Then two and a half years later.we started trying for a girl. Just over two years and three mc later we are having a healthy girl in just 11 days!

It was a long road but a mc is not the end of it. I had lots of emotions (anger, sadness, frustration, jealousy....) But remember things happen for a reason we don't always know why but we can't dwell in the past because if we do we miss the amazing things that happen in the present and future :-)

Good luck and I hope and pray u are having just normal spotting that can happen with women during pregnancy! !! Congratulations :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wantthatbaby46
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

yeah

Quoting nirvanadonna:

Quoting wantthatbaby46:

any clots?

wantthatbaby46
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I'm gonna try to stay positive by looking up baby stuff online lol. Think about the future as if nothing is wrong right now 

Quoting X.Rukia.X:

I hope you are not experiencing a mc but if u are that doesn't mean you aren't meant to be a mom! I had a missed mc after my first son. After i had a d&c (baby would not leave my body) we got pregnant right away (after my body healed from the procedure) with twin boys! Then two and a half years later.we started trying for a girl. Just over two years and three mc later we are having a healthy girl in just 11 days!

It was a long road but a mc is not the end of it. I had lots of emotions (anger, sadness, frustration, jealousy....) But remember things happen for a reason we don't always know why but we can't dwell in the past because if we do we miss the amazing things that happen in the present and future :-)

Good luck and I hope and pray u are having just normal spotting that can happen with women during pregnancy! !! Congratulations :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)