Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bleeding... and ?? (maybe tmi)

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

My last period was Feb 28th and it was really heavy, and was lightly spotting on and off for a couple weeks after then stopped. April 1st (around the time I should've gotten a period) I started spotting again and it lasted through this past Sunday. So instead of getting a period, I spotted for 7 days, which is unusual for me as mine are always on the heavy side. I thought that was wierd so I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive! (:  Then a few hours later, I started bleeding bright red blood. :( I called my midwife office and the nurse said it is probably a miscarriage (what I figured), but it is still possible for it not to be. Now it's just a wait and see. I have an appointment the beginning of May. Unless, I start going thru more than a pad an hour or start cramping bad, I just have to wait.

Has anyone started bleeding red and still had a healthy baby?

Oh and I guess I would be about 5 1/2 weeks.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM

BUMP!

RussiansWoman
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant with Noah I had bright red bleeding at 7 weeks and the doctor said it was a miscarriage. They wanted to do a D&C right then but I refused, went home to deal with my emotions...it had been 7 years of ttc after all....I bled heavy, had cramping, even clots....went back a week later for a followup and they told me my  blood tests looked weird.  Dr figured there was still some residual tissue.  Nope, ultrasound showed a happy healthy little embryo spinnning in circles!  The belief is that there was another one that didnt make it. But, I had bright red bleeding with my two other pregnancies as well....and both babies are just fine.  =)  I do have a very sensitive, incompetent cervix....thats why it bleeds.

WishingAway
by Angela on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I wouldn't wait until may I would go to urgent care or the er. 

prdmama82
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting hypnautica:

BUMP!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prdmama82
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Thank you. I hope something like this is the case with me. After I bled earlier, I put a pad on. There is hardly anything on the pad and when I wipe its mainly a lot of clear discharge with a little blood mixed in. So hopefully everything will be ok, but I guess only time will tell.

Quoting RussiansWoman:

When I was pregnant with Noah I had bright red bleeding at 7 weeks and the doctor said it was a miscarriage. They wanted to do a D&C right then but I refused, went home to deal with my emotions...it had been 7 years of ttc after all....I bled heavy, had cramping, even clots....went back a week later for a followup and they told me my  blood tests looked weird.  Dr figured there was still some residual tissue.  Nope, ultrasound showed a happy healthy little embryo spinnning in circles!  The belief is that there was another one that didnt make it. But, I had bright red bleeding with my two other pregnancies as well....and both babies are just fine.  =)  I do have a very sensitive, incompetent cervix....thats why it bleeds.

prdmama82
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I already have an appointment for a follow up for something else with my general Dr tomorrow, so I will bring this up to him.

Quoting WishingAway:

I wouldn't wait until may I would go to urgent care or the er. 

cheetah90210
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I'm 5 weeks and due dec 8 I bled for 6 dats heavy thought it was AF but after the bleeding stopes I still had pregnancy symptoms do I tested at 29dpo 3 days after the bleeding went to the dr yesterday sense I'm only 5weeks all we could see was the sac and will have another sonogram on the 30th
cheetah90210
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and I also bled through out my first pregnancy and had a healthy little boy
prdmama82
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. And good luck to you too. If this one, sticks even through the bleeding, my estimated due date will be Dec 5th

Quoting cheetah90210:

Oh and I also bled through out my first pregnancy and had a healthy little boy

prdmama82
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I went to my general Dr this morning and they did a urine test. I am definitely pregnant. He said the positive result showed up immediately. Wasn't too concerned about the bleeding. I'm just gonna try to take it easy until my next appt. And pray.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)