Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control while TTC?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

I posted this in another one of my groups, but it seems as if this one is a bit more active, so I'm hoping you ladies can help!

My husband and I are TTC with the help of a new RE. I am having my first cycle in 6 months due to PCOS. I had my labs and ultrasound done yesterday (CD 4). I had one small cyst on my right ovary that they didn't seem too concerned about.  I was told that I will be called with the lab results in 3 or 4 days, and then we'll go from there according to the results. My doc put me on birth control until we get the results back. Apparently this is supposed to keep my my hormone levels stable until then. Have any of you done this before?  With my last RE, I thought I got the results back more quickly, and we already had a specific plan in order to start the fertility treatments on a certain day. I guess I'm just not feeling as prepared/informed this time around. Would it make a difference that I'm probably going to use injectables this cycle (instead of Clomid for previous cycles)? And if you could help me understand the whole birth control thing, it would be great. I don't see how I can take birth control and TTC in the same cycle...I'm sure my doc knows what he's doing, but it seems a bit counter productive to me. My husband joked that maybe our doctor had just decided he didn't like us! Lol! Well anyway, thanks in advance!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
WishingAway
by Angela on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Heres a BUMP for you. Im not sure I have never heard of BC and TTC.

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Uh... I don't know! But good luck and I'm interested to see the answer!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Me either!  I tried to do some research online, but I couldn't find anything about it.

confused

Quoting WishingAway:

Heres a BUMP for you. Im not sure I have never heard of BC and TTC.

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I know that my cousin was told to take the BC every other day because the part of her brain that tells her body to O wasn't "working" so she was told to take it every other day so she'd "trick" her body into Oing...yeah I don't really get it either but that's what she was told
toopicky429
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM
My RE has had me do a cycle of bcp when I have had a cyst. BCP will shrink cysts, and if you take any fertility drugs, they don't like you to have cysts because the drugs can make them worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)