Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help 2 BFP ON Cd 12 waiting on DR to call back.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

So last month was my first round of clomid. I got a crazy period but it was right on time. It was 3 days heavy the first and light after and then the last 2 days just light spotting which is not normal for me. I am normally 5 or more days of heavy bleeding. Well I start clomd again this month cd 5-9 and yesterday I started my opks. Well I accidentally opened a hpt so I decide to take them both the opk was dark but not a positive and there was a pink 2nd line on the hpt.  At first I was thinking on its a evap or its because of the clomid. So this morning I took another hpt and it was a clear positive. I really don't know what to do or what to believe. So scared  to think I may have taken clomid while pregnant. 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
korin2012
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Do u have a picture of ur test ?
I'm not sure about clomid maybe one of the other ladies can help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HJMF
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Clomid can cause flase positives on both HPTs and OPKs if taken too soon after finishing or taking the Clomid.

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

BUMP!

kristen518-06
by Kristen :) on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

bump

x_Starr_x
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Theres no way you can be pregnant if you really are on cd12
Latriciat23
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Thats what I was thinking either a fale postive or I had bleeding but not a peroid. Any ways I am going to the doctor to get a blood test 

x_Starr_x
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
if I take the clomid I cannot do a home pregnancy test until CD 35-42, this is because there is a chance that the clomid can cause a reaction which will produce a positive pregnancy test. So you may think you have had a chemical pregnancy or an early misscarriage when infact there was no pregnancy.

If my period does not arrive when due, I have to wait or call them and they will do a blood test.

copied from another post
x_Starr_x
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM
GREAT INFO HERE
RinMinami
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM

BUMP!

TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
This :)

Quoting HJMF:

Clomid can cause flase positives on both HPTs and OPKs if taken too soon after finishing or taking the Clomid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)