Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Months & Still TTC UGH!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 16 Replies
Ive been trying to concieve for 5 months and I feel like its just not happening. I just quit smoking, drinking soda, and started taking prenatal vitiamins hoping this will help ttc. We have intercourse more than normal. PLEASE if anyone can help by giving me advice please let me no. I need the help and support. Friends are on there second baby and I havnt even had one, makes me upset. Many of my friends became pregnant within the first 2 months. Thank you for takeing time to read my post. Please give me as much advice as possiable. Sinceraly, Tawni
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trishadawn83
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, Ive been TTC for 21 months...It ca take some time.. If it hasnt happened in a year, dr's say to go seek medical advice.. ..All my friends, cousins are having babies, some younger than me lol It sux...Its hard, but you have to stay positive :) Just keep trying and having fun :)

jackieb2811
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM

It took 7 months for me and SO to conceive. There are women it takes years for it to happen. Are you tracking your cycles or using opk's?

tawnittc
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Almost 2 years of ttc. I look up to you. I feel like im losing hope and your still positive. Thank you for helping me feel like I am not alone. :)

priav
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM

it took me nearly 2 yrs to concieve..i knw its so frustrating...evrywhere i looked i saw pregnant ladies or babies...i wanted one so bad...we did all the tests and stuff...but then the month we had the least amount of sex i conceived n now im battling with  nausea...so hang in there and it'll happen

toopicky429
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Good luck! It can take an average healthy couple a year to conceive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynn0709
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You can start by trying to pinpoint if and when you ovulate. You can do this by buying a basal body themometor at a drug store, in the same eisle as the pregnancy tests. Then register for a free membership, or pay for one if you like, at www.fertilityfriend.com. Every morning/even when you get up to start your day take your temp with the themometor, either orally or vaginally but vaginally will give you better results, at the same time. Record your temp on the fertility friend site and will track your temps for you. It may take a couple months before the site can better pinpoint when you ovulate. I think the site has videos and things you can read that explain a little more in depth on how to track your temps. Another thing you can do is use ovulation predictor tests. You can get a pack of 50 off amazon for around $20, a lot cheaper than what the drug stores sell them for. After your period ends start using the tests 2 or 3 times a day. Just keep testing until you get a +. A positive test will be when your test line is just as dark or darker then your control line. Once you get a positve, they say you should expect to ovulate any where between 12 and 36 hours later.

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Took us a year and a half!! Everyone is different, so don't freak out. It may just take you a little more time than other people.

storkneedsgps
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm at almost two years ttc #1. Just give it more time. I know five months seems like forever but its not too bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lbrummett
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
We have now tried for 2 and a half years. You just have to work hard to stay positive. Don't get too discouraged or worried until you have tried a year.
TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Ttc #1 for 2 yrs now so I hear ya girl!!! Just stay positive and it will happen. Fx for you :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)