Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I had my last depo shot in October, how long until I conceive

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

I gave birth to my daughter Jamy last february( c-section), my husband and I decided that we would dedicate the first full year to Jamy before having any more kids. One of the reasons was because she is our first baby and wanted to spend as much time with her as we could before adding another kid in the mix, but we would like her to be about 2 years old when we have another baby. I got my last depo shot in October, I had my first regular period last month and am just wondering how long after your last depo shot do you get pregnant, Jamy has no little friends her own age shes always playing with my brothers and their friends which range from 17 years old to 12 years old and on tuesdays she plays with  5 and 6 year old while she is in the nursery  at church during the tuesday night program, I'm trying to get her in music class so she can be around kids her age but transportation is hard since i dont have a car right now. I know it will be awhile before she could play with the new baby but I'm really looking forward to giving her siblings especially since i grew up so close to my brorthers. anyways sorry for rambling how long does it take to get pregnant once stopping the depo shot

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2twoboys46
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM

It's different for everyone. The first time I was on it, I was pregnant 9 months after my last shot (and the shot lasts for 3 months so really it took me 6 months to get pregnant). I went on it again after that pregnancy, and now it's been 3 1/2 years since I went off it and I'm not pregnant.

mama2gg
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Normal healthy cpl. Take a year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaconosMommy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I agree it is different for everyone. It took me 11 months after my last shot to get pregnant. But af for me is irregular so that probably played a part.

merkitaminasi
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM

it took me 15 months to conceive after depo...but everyone truly is different when it comes to that and my cycles became regular about 6 months after depo....i was using opks and even tho my cycles returned i dont think i started ovulating again until about a year after depo cuz thats when i started getting positive opks

TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
It's been 2 going on 3 years this October since my last shot and still have not conceived. It's different with everyone though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NCJen84
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I think its different for everyone. I had 1 depo shot in Sept of 2009 and I didn't concieve again until July 2010 and it ended in a 2nd trimester miscarriage. I concieved again Dec 2010 and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in Aug 2011. I had never had to try to get pregnant before depo. I had 3 children that concieved on the first try.

Nickie76
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No help here, got preggo on depo lol.
Jamysmommy
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM
So its different everytime wow that's kinda crazy, I don't think I'm gonna do the depo shot again, good luck :-)

Quoting mommy2twoboys46:

It's different for everyone. The first time I was on it, I was pregnant 9 months after my last shot (and the shot lasts for 3 months so really it took me 6 months to get pregnant). I went on it again after that pregnancy, and now it's been 3 1/2 years since I went off it and I'm not pregnant.

Diverwife84
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I haven't been able to get prego since my depo ended in 2007. My best friend took almost 2 years. Everyone is different though. Good Luck, saying baby prayers for you!
Jamysmommy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Lol I've heard about how that could happen.

Quoting Nickie76:

No help here, got preggo on depo lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN