Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Temping question

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

If we are not pregnant this cycle I am really thinking about starting to temp but I have an issue. I wake up at all different times durning the week. Mon is 615am tues and frin are 545am and weds thurs is 830am. I know from being on here you need to temp at the same time every day. Oh an not to mention that DF and I are up all sorts of hrs on the weekends. I just do not know what to do if I decide to temp. Is there something else I could use? confused

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brupert7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM
If I were you, I'd temp at 5:30 every morning. Just set an alarm, temp, then either go back to sleep or get up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Thats a great idea and thank you but what do I do for the weekends because right now we are up till prob 7am in that case what do i do

Quoting brupert7:

If I were you, I'd temp at 5:30 every morning. Just set an alarm, temp, then either go back to sleep or get up.

brupert7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:46 AM
On the weekends just make sure you temp after at least 4 hours of sleep.

Quoting junelove8291:

Thats a great idea and thank you but what do I do for the weekends because right now we are up till prob 7am in that case what do i do

Quoting brupert7:

juniper1745
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:47 AM
It just don't temp on those days unless its around your predicted fertile window.
junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Could do that but I have no clue when my fertility window is. I have only gotten one positive opk in december that was it. Still using them and nothing so far

Quoting juniper1745:

It just don't temp on those days unless its around your predicted fertile window.

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM

This. 
I temp at 7am every morning. Sometimes I have to get up anyway and other times I just reset the alarm and go back to bed. Even on the weekends. However I did forget to set my alarm Friday night, so my Saturday reading was at 9am and WAY different, but luckily I don't NEED to be temping right now. I just keep up with it so it is a habit.  

Quoting brupert7:

CV3
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I had the same problem. I work overnight every thursday night and just started temping this cycle. My reading friday afternoon when I woke up was super high so I am not sure what to do about this.

junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Its crazy. I just have to figure it out. I'm not sure either

Quoting CV3:

I had the same problem. I work overnight every thursday night and just started temping this cycle. My reading friday afternoon when I woke up was super high so I am not sure what to do about this.

irisha26
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Honestly I take a temp when I wake up. During the week I take at around 5 25am cause go to work. On weekends is whenever I wake up cause as long as you sleep for 3 hours. I temp to make sure I ovulate so I will see a biphs graph. I never want to drive myself nutts with precise time. Ttc is hard enough
junelove8291
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Just cause I wake up at different times it will be ok? As long as I do not get out of bed and check it? How do I chart it. Yes it is very hard TTC and trying to find the right meds too

Quoting irisha26:

Honestly I take a temp when I wake up. During the week I take at around 5 25am cause go to work. On weekends is whenever I wake up cause as long as you sleep for 3 hours. I temp to make sure I ovulate so I will see a biphs graph. I never want to drive myself nutts with precise time. Ttc is hard enough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)