Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Advice Needed: If you have a cyst in your ovary is it...

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 17 Replies

If you have a yst in your ovary is it possible to get pregnant ? & i been trying for almost a year to get pregnant and i cant , what am i doing wrong ?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diverwife84
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Everyone's different and it depends on the size and exact location but in my experience I wasn't able to. Basically my cyst wasn't allowing my egg to release so we did invitro. what did your doc say ?
lilcouto
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM

After i found out i went to see my doctor he said that the cyst doesnt mean that i cant have childreen he said it was small, im going for a second opinion tomorrow afternoon. He told me to take some prenatal vitamins he said that it would help me concive i toke it as he directed it and i dont see any results.

Diverwife84
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Some people have cycsts and get prego no problem. My doc did a lot of bloodwork in the beginning to see what my hormone levels were (since cycsts can greatly effect hormone levels which in turn effect pregnancy), and they did a few ultrasounds to see how big the cysts was. My cysts is the size of a grapefruit and they can't scrape it because it'll take away "good eggs" in the process. Everyone is different, just prepare a list of questions if you want to bring them to your doc to ask. I asked a ton of questions until I felt satisfied. Good Luck & try to relax as much as you can.

Quoting lilcouto:

After i found out i went to see my doctor he said that the cyst doesnt mean that i cant have childreen he said it was small, im going for a second opinion tomorrow afternoon. He told me to take some prenatal vitamins he said that it would help me concive i toke it as he directed it and i dont see any results.

Gladys_ortiz89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Last november I had my firsr cyst ruptured I didnt know what it was I had to go to the ER. They said my ovary was a size of a grapefruit dr did ct scan ultrasounds and my ovary was healing it self now I am trying to conceive and its harder for me last time I conceived with clomid 50mg now I am at 100mg and so far no luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilcouto
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Is the colmid over the counter or with rx only ?

ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I had 14 cysts covering my ovaries in 02'/03', I had an internal ultrasound to confirm, the largest was 8, and I was scheduled for pre-op, but it shrank during my cycle, so the Dr cncld the surgery. I ended up loosing my insurance and my job. So I stopped going to the Gyno Oncologist I was seeing..In 08', I decieded to try herbs and after research, found fertility xx online. I used it my 1st cycle and got pregnant within 1 month. My 1st ultrasound showed 0 cysts. Research it and view the ingredients and reviews. It doesn't work for everybody, but it worked for me. DS is 4 now. Hope this helps.
x_Starr_x
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I have still 2 lemon sized cysts and pregnant
LovingBaby31
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I've had cyst on my ovary but, haven't been able to conceive due to the fact that I've been irregular. I was also told to use prenantal vitamins but, I haven't seen much of a difference. Good luck

lilcouto
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM

i just dont know what to do anymore we have been trying to get prengnant since last august and still nothing

Kharmoni
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I had a cyst and was supposed to get it removed when I found out I was pregnant with my DD in 2005...  I still have that same cyst and got my BFP last month although that ended in a miscarriage.. We're TTC again.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Go to a Dr. and get checked for everything to make sure you're OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)