Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

progesterone level with Clomid

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
Just called the ob for my progesterone results from my 7dpo lab draw. Last cycle I took Clomid 100mg CD 5-9 and my levels were 14.7. This cycle I took Clomid 100mg CD 3-7 and they just told me my progesterone was 11.9. Why would it have gone down this cycle? I'm starting to think I'm out...
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxosweetie1566
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

It sounds like you O'd...Mine were only 13 and I got my BFP this cycle!! Good luck!! They can fluctuate every month but I was told they like to see a minumum of 10 for unmedicated and 15 for medicated..and I was worried I was out bc mine was lower..theres still hope!

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

If your doctor won't give you a script for progesterone, you can get it otc.  Emerita is a good brand so is gentle pharmacy.  I like gentle pharmacy better, frankly because it is more concentrated - 10 drops vs 1/2 tsp of the emerita.

Good Luck!

brupert7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Really!? That's awesome that you got your BFP. My ob told me that my levels were still good, he likes anything over 10. I guess time will tell.

Quoting xoxosweetie1566:

It sounds like you O'd...Mine were only 13 and I got my BFP this cycle!! Good luck!! They can fluctuate every month but I was told they like to see a minumum of 10 for unmedicated and 15 for medicated..and I was worried I was out bc mine was lower..theres still hope!

brupert7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I'm on 200mg prometrium from 3dpo to end of cycle.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

If your doctor won't give you a script for progesterone, you can get it otc.  Emerita is a good brand so is gentle pharmacy.  I like gentle pharmacy better, frankly because it is more concentrated - 10 drops vs 1/2 tsp of the emerita.

Good Luck!

LGD1024
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
My cd 21 draw while on clomid was 25.2, which got my hopes up but nope wasnt preggo. :( I wish you luck...
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM

11.9 is a good #, so don't let that stress you.  I don't know why it would go down, but I'm starting to wonder if some women respond better to Clomid on CDs 3-7 better than CDs 5-9 or vice versa.

How long are your cycles without Clomid?  Do you usually O?  If so, around what CD?

I usually O between CDs 10 & 12 without Clomid.  I took 100mg of Clomid CDs 3-7 two cycles ago & had a progesterone # of 12.x.  Last cycle I took 100mg CDs 5-9 & had a progesterone # of 2.x.  I wonder if I just respond better when taking Clomid CDs 3-7 since I usually O early in my cycle - so starting on day 5 is too late to have the impact they want.  I haven't asked my OB about my theory, I could be way off, I'll see what he thinks when I see him next Monday.

brupert7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I have pcos pretty bad, so I don't o without Clomid. If I don't take Clomid then I don't start a new cycle until I take provera. I'm wondering if, like you said, I just respond to CD 5-9 better. Thanks for your support.

Quoting GwenMB:

11.9 is a good #, so don't let that stress you.  I don't know why it would go down, but I'm starting to wonder if some women respond better to Clomid on CDs 3-7 better than CDs 5-9 or vice versa.

How long are your cycles without Clomid?  Do you usually O?  If so, around what CD?

I usually O between CDs 10 & 12 without Clomid.  I took 100mg of Clomid CDs 3-7 two cycles ago & had a progesterone # of 12.x.  Last cycle I took 100mg CDs 5-9 & had a progesterone # of 2.x.  I wonder if I just respond better when taking Clomid CDs 3-7 since I usually O early in my cycle - so starting on day 5 is too late to have the impact they want.  I haven't asked my OB about my theory, I could be way off, I'll see what he thinks when I see him next Monday.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't get your BFP this cycle, I would definitely ask to take it CDs 5-9.  Hopefully you don't need to even think about that, though!

Quoting brupert7:

I have pcos pretty bad, so I don't o without Clomid. If I don't take Clomid then I don't start a new cycle until I take provera. I'm wondering if, like you said, I just respond to CD 5-9 better. Thanks for your support.

Quoting GwenMB:

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

First off anything >10 is adequate even though >15 is optimal.

Clomid did not ever really help my progesterone, when i conceived Ds2 my 1st round of 50mg it was normal but when I conceived DD on my 1st round of 50mg again it was super low at 6.5 when I was 5 wks along, so i had to be on progesterone til 12 wks.........then when TTC this time after TTC for 17m w/ no luck we did 2 rounds of clomid but my 7dpo levels were 4.7 & 4.9 so we switched to femara & it jumped up to 11.9 & the 2nd cycle was 13.9 & we conceived that round. We were using OPK and BBT so my dating was always dead on too. My FS highly recommended femara over clomid & I was super happy I listened, i had much less side effects & femara has a way shorter 1/2 life so it poses less risk to the fetus if/when you do conceive which I didn't know before when I'd taken clomid. Also with Clomid you can build a tolerance whereas with femara its much much harder, if your progesterone is lower you could need to up the dosage if you are doing clomid again.

Good luck hun :)

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

If you have PCOS I highly recommend giving Femara/letrozole a try if this round is unsuccessful, my FS/RE highly recommended it & he only uses Femara for PCOS patients now instead of Clomiphene Citrate/Clomid. 

Quoting brupert7:

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN