Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

temp question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
Is it normal to have a temp dip at 4 dpo? Yesterday my temp was 98.1 today it was 97.9
Just making sure its normal....cause my past charts my temp stayed high until 8-9 dpo
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sm12
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I think it is ok for this to happen. I was so convinced I was pregnant at 2dpo but when my temp dropped below the coverline at 4dpo i thought maybe not but it went up and I am 8 weeks pregnant. As long as it goes up and doesn't continue to stay below the coverline then i think yo uare ok. GL
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Yes.  Its normal for there to be some up & down - 98.1 to 97.9 isn't that big of a change.  Plus there is an estrogen surge about 5DPO that can cause a temp dip so its possible you are seeing that.

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Thank you. I AM still getting the hang of this stuff

Quoting GwenMB:

Yes.  Its normal for there to be some up & down - 98.1 to 97.9 isn't that big of a change.  Plus there is an estrogen surge about 5DPO that can cause a temp dip so its possible you are seeing that.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM

And I completely get wanting to just see your temp go up, Up, UP!! 

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting GwenMB:

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Right.. I had tons of CM yesterday 3dpo(sorry tmi) and tiny bit of pink spotting..then followed by cramping

Quoting GwenMB:

And I completely get wanting to just see your temp go up, Up, UP!! 

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting GwenMB:

Foleygirl24
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I wouldn't worry yet, one temp dip by itself doesn't usually mean much. Could also have just been a fluke.

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
My temp jumped back up to 98.2 today.
I had spotting on 3dpo and have been having a slight crampy feeling since then...i have never spotted on that early before....so we shall see

Quoting Foleygirl24:

I wouldn't worry yet, one temp dip by itself doesn't usually mean much. Could also have just been a fluke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)