Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OT, Passport

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

Me and my husband going to bahama for a cruise for our 10yr anv, now when we book the trip they told us no passport, but then talking to other people they say we need a passport card. So I research and found information on a passport card. I call the number back but the hold time is about hr, so any advice? We set up an appoitment to get a passport book but was told to just get a passprt card, then told not to worry about it.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mama2gg
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Just get it done at the local post office we go on cruises all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jayangel82
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM

its best to have one even if they say no. which is weird to me because our cruise ship made sure we had them on hand

fleurmegs
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Yeah you can pick up the forms at the post office and get your picture at places like Walgreens! It's very easy.
lucky1984
by Toya on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

should I get a passport card or a regular passport?

Quoting mama2gg:

lucky1984
by Toya on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM

passport card or passport? We have a spp may 1 to get one, and our cruise in july so I hear that it takes a while to get one. so I hope I have time

Quoting jayangel82:

its best to have one even if they say no. which is weird to me because our cruise ship made sure we had them on hand

lucky1984
by Toya on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM

thanks

Quoting fleurmegs:

Yeah you can pick up the forms at the post office and get your picture at places like Walgreens! It's very easy.

mama2gg
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
The passport card will be valid only for LAND border crossings within North America, and sea travel in the Cribbean region and to Bermuda.

. It cannot be used for AIR travel, or travel to any other part of the world.

The passport book can be used for all the same things as the passport card, PLUS AIR travel to anywhere in the world.

Why waste time on the card ? Just get the one you can use everywhere

Quoting lucky1984:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaXRandi
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My thoughts exactly (below)!  

I would go to the post office for application, go to the nearest Walgreens, Walmart or anywhere they provide photo services and get your pictures done and then mail it in with certified copy of birth cert.  

It can take up to 6-8 weeks to get it, so if you don't have that much time you can go to the nearest passport office to you.  They are usually found in bigger cities (ours is 2.5 hours away in San Francisco).  But they issue it right there.  

Good luck!

Quoting mama2gg:

The passport card will be valid only for LAND border crossings within North America, and sea travel in the Cribbean region and to Bermuda.

. It cannot be used for AIR travel, or travel to any other part of the world.

The passport book can be used for all the same things as the passport card, PLUS AIR travel to anywhere in the world.

Why waste time on the card ? Just get the one you can use everywhere

Quoting lucky1984:

Quoting mama2gg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)