Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Folic acid do you or don't you ???

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM
  • 50 Replies
Do you take folic acid while ttc ? I am starting this month . I have a friend who is 38 smokes and underweight and she started taking folic acid and bam she is due next month . I'm just wondering how many do take it or not ????!
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:19 AM
I take it. But it was at the suggestion of my ob/gyn and my husbands oncologist. None said it would help you get pregnant but good possibly help prevent birth defects
ilovekeith12
by Sara on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM
My dr said it could help if we both take it ttc . I hate when one dr says one thing and you hear something diff from someone else . Drs drive me crazy lol do you a pre nat vit with it or it alone . My pre vat vit has 1mg and then the dr gave me another 1mg to take .

Quoting KelliansMom:

I take it. But it was at the suggestion of my ob/gyn and my husbands oncologist. None said it would help you get pregnant but good possibly help prevent birth defects

KelliansMom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I just take it alone.

Quoting ilovekeith12:

My dr said it could help if we both take it ttc . I hate when one dr says one thing and you hear something diff from someone else . Drs drive me crazy lol do you a pre nat vit with it or it alone . My pre vat vit has 1mg and then the dr gave me another 1mg to take .

Quoting KelliansMom:

jamielynn0709
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I take rx strength folic acid, plus a rx strength prenatal that has 1mg of folic acid

mama2gg
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I just took/take walmart prenatal gummies before/during and after I was pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dj_kern
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I took extra folic acid along with my prenatals. I am pregnant, but not sure if the folic acid had anything to do with it.  Taking folic acid can only help.

grumpyboston
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I have to take it everyday due to my test showed I was folic acid definacy n no it has nt worked for me its been a year
ChefFatCat
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I was looking at my Prenatal vitamin

this is whats in it

folic acid 800mg

how much more do u really need??

Im taking Prenatal plus tablet
MinglingMom
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Everyone is different. I took it before ttc because I used to smoke (about 5 years ago) and I read that if you used to smoke or have other health issues, taking folic acid helps your reproduction system.
xLilBit22
by Meli on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I was put on high dose folic acid 1mg 5xdaily ... along with b6 and b12. I was put on this after i mc 10montgs later i was pregnant... im 28.5wks along (: i still take the pills along with prenatals
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)