Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

boys vs girls

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
Did your hpt show positive sooner with your boys or girls? Did you find out sooner that you were preggo with your first or sec, third, ect?

My first was a girl and my hot didn't show a pos till I was 6 weeks along. With my second, I had a boy and got a pos at 3 weeks 4 days. Just curious if the sex of the baby had an impact on the amount hcg in the beginning of a pregnancy.
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Just.1.More
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure with my son didn't realize I was pregnant were not trying tested at about 9 weeks and it was faint lines everytime. He is 5 now :)
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I had both boys and I knew sooner with my second one then my first. GL!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My first was a boy and it didn't show up until I was 17 wks preggo. Baby #2 I had no clue I was preggo and tested to start clomid at 6 wks and I was preggo. Baby #3 I tested at 11dpo and got an evap and at 12dpo a positive. At 13dpo my hcg was 79. Baby #4 I started testing at 8 dpo. Got a light bfp at 9 dpo. Hcg at 12 dpo was 32. We wont find out what this one is but I suspect a boy!

mhoelzer2988
by Meagan on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
ive wondered the same thing. I didnt find out till I was 3 months with my 1st son but I was not wanting 2 be pregnant so thats why I waited so long to test. my 2nd son I tested the 1st time 1 week after I missed my period and got a bfp on two digitals. trying for a girl now. going on 4th cycle ttc.
smyle17
by Niki on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

So far it seems like the first one shows up later.  I was wondering if it was a gender thing.  LOL.  

smyle17
by Niki on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM

My DH has a theory about that:)  LOL.  He has 2 girls and a boy (a DD from a previous relationship).  He was told to get a boy, to bury his stuff deep.  For a girl, pull back and release.  He didn't know this with his first 2.  We wated a boy so he buried it deep and we got out Keegan:)  GL!

Quoting mhoelzer2988:

ive wondered the same thing. I didnt find out till I was 3 months with my 1st son but I was not wanting 2 be pregnant so thats why I waited so long to test. my 2nd son I tested the 1st time 1 week after I missed my period and got a bfp on two digitals. trying for a girl now. going on 4th cycle ttc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN