Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Low sperm count...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone else dealing with this? I think I have posted about this before but I have been so overwhelmed with it that we haven't been trying for the past three months. What does your dh do? I know there are a few things he needs to do (quit smoking, not drink so many energy drinks, etc...) but I wanted to hear what has worked for you ladies and your men...

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jamielynn0709
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

here is a bump for you!

MissJordy
by Jordy on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Have him take a male fertility supplement, that can help.  Has he been to an urologist?  He could have a varicole (sp?) that can cause issues with his sperm & can be fixed.

Tvokiwi
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

What kind of fertility vit is good for men ? 

AshCH
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My friends hubby was taking kapikachhu and she thinks that helped tremendously! I just ordered some for dh! Good luck!!
LiLsMaMa21
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

He hasn't...he's in the military so everything they do has to be by appointment that's been refered by the pa (he works with the pa and hates him) and the pa won't let him go anywhere yet because he want's to do another sperm check (pointless because he JUST did one) but doesn't want to take the time to schedule it. So we don't know much other then he has low count :( Oh and no spermazoa (sp) which they said was really weird. The pa said our best bet would be iui but he didn't say much else. He's an ass. But we have been looking online at the different types of fertility supplements. I just don't konw which ones to get. 

Quoting GwenMB:

Have him take a male fertility supplement, that can help.  Has he been to an urologist?  He could have a varicole (sp?) that can cause issues with his sperm & can be fixed.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My RE suggested FertilityBlend for Men - and it helped my DH (but he had a high dna fragmentation %).  Or try the one that a PP suggested.

Sorry you're getting the run around with the pa!  That sucks.  Hopefully a fertility supplement renders everything else moot.  It can take 90 days to really see an improvement - maybe get the supplement, have your DH take it for 90+ days & then do the recheck the pa wants to do & see what happens.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

He hasn't...he's in the military so everything they do has to be by appointment that's been refered by the pa (he works with the pa and hates him) and the pa won't let him go anywhere yet because he want's to do another sperm check (pointless because he JUST did one) but doesn't want to take the time to schedule it. So we don't know much other then he has low count :( Oh and no spermazoa (sp) which they said was really weird. The pa said our best bet would be iui but he didn't say much else. He's an ass. But we have been looking online at the different types of fertility supplements. I just don't konw which ones to get. 

Quoting GwenMB:

LiLsMaMa21
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Thank you so much. I hope we see an improvement. I don't think everything is 100% with me either so I will probably take clomid after the 90 days. 

Quoting GwenMB:

My RE suggested FertilityBlend for Men - and it helped my DH (but he had a high dna fragmentation %).  Or try the one that a PP suggested.

Sorry you're getting the run around with the pa!  That sucks.  Hopefully a fertility supplement renders everything else moot.  It can take 90 days to really see an improvement - maybe get the supplement, have your DH take it for 90+ days & then do the recheck the pa wants to do & see what happens.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)