Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OPK generic or brand

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

So they are pricey  sticks to pee on...YAY

do generic work just as good. What do I buy? So many options then I get in the store and there is only one or 2 kinds...

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I just bought a pack of 100 wondfo ovulation tests from Amazon that came with 20 hpts for $30. I used them a long time ago when ttc our first child. As much as I hate spending $$$ on opks, I do love the cb digitals.

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I used the new advanced clear blue digital this cycle and I got several days of the flashing smiley. Meaning it picked up on an estrogen surge. I got excited over nothing because I never hit my Lh surge. I think me having pcos effected it and it turned out to be a big waste of money for me. I ordered 50 of the wondfo off of amazon for around $20 to try when I eventually start my next cycle. I saw a lot if ladies swear by them on here so I thought I would try them out. Good luck!
froyogal
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Ladies,

I bought first response because basically it was one of the cheapest minus the generic. It only cost about $15 with my coupon, but it's only 7 tests and a pregnancy tests too. If I am not successful this time around. I will definitely look into Amazon and the wandfo products. I have PCOS too so calculating is so tricky. Tonight is my last night on clomid. What days of your Cycle did you start using the tests? I only have 7 so I don't want to waste them. Thanks

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I'm not much help on that. I'm sorry. I know it depends on how many days are in your cycle.
RussiansWoman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I have PCOS (not cystic, but I have the hormone issues) and I take clomid...I buy the large packs of wondfo OPK & HCG strips from Amazon because my experience with OPKS (I have 3 children already thanks to clomid and trying for #4) is that you have to test at least 2x a day or you will very easily miss the surge. Do not use first morning urine either, test around 10am and again around 6pm. I have a 30 day cycle on average --when its normal and not screwy thanks to PCOS--so I start testing on Day 12 usually and tend to get an opk showing + on day 15-18.  BUT, you are better off relying more on other signs of o, like EWCM and CP as well...PCOS can make OPKs unreliable.

froyogal
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. PCOS makes my periods pretty much non existent. I haven't had one in way over 100 days...who know what that is doing to my body and that was even with a little encouragement from progesterone. I will have to look for the other signs. Because now I am wondering if I ever O. Atleast I know to buy off amazon next time around. I don't thik 7 sticks is going to be enough. Thanks for the tip about not trying first thing in the morning...I didn't know that. 

Thanks! 

Gladys_ortiz89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I order of ebay the brand is babi I also heard good things about it so good so far I am on cd 16 got a two positives not sure yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN