Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

walmart first signal cheapie??

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
So we're not ttc as I just gave birth in january, but I've been on this board for 3 years and I figured this would be the place to ask. I'm ebf so I don't have af yet. It took us 2 years to conceive our 3 month old and know that we want a sibling for her to grow up (with as her brothers and sister are way older than her) so we are not preventing due to my age. I test every 2 weeks (high risk ectopic) and last night got a faint, but there, line on a walmart $0.88 cheapie. Are these tests prone to evaps?? In our 2 years of ttc I don't think I've ever had an evap so I don't know what I'm loooking for. The faint positive was last night and when I tested this am I'm not really seeing anything. I do know from previous experience that I have more hcg in my urine later in the day though. Not sure what to think..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jrsmommy614
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Could you post a picture of the tests? I just had a couple evaps last cycle and I'm sure the other ladies could tell you too. Did the line appear within the time frame or after the 10 mins? And does it have color? 

Sonylena
by Selena on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I'd wait for a few hours today and then test again and see what it does. 

Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I agree, post a pic of the faint but there positive one. It can help us see if it's a true positive or evap. I've never had an evap on those type of tests. Usually it's just really negative or really positive. Kup. GL!! :)
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM

These are bad... But there is color in person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishingAway
by Angela on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I have never gotten an evap EVER.. and a walmart test was the first one to show me a faint pink line. Evaps are never pink. We tried for 3 years and these tests picked it up. I can see the line. 

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM
There was color within the time frame, it just got darker. I only took the strip out to take a pic.

Quoting Jrsmommy614:

Could you post a picture of the tests? I just had a couple evaps last cycle and I'm sure the other ladies could tell you too. Did the line appear within the time frame or after the 10 mins? And does it have color? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrsmommy614
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It doesn't look like an evap to me and since it showed in time frame I would just say to retest with FRER. GL

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I have never had an evap on them, the only time I had a line was when I was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I had a colored evap on 1 of those a few weeks ago
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN