Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Natural home birth?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
Any of you ladies doing this?
I'm so excited for mine...just need to get pregnant first haha
I'm watching the business of being born and sobbing
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x_Starr_x
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Natural home like birth in the hospital
AshCH
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM
No like natural meaning no meds, home birth meaning at your house :)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

littlemonaghan
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I wish I was. My insurance won't cover any of the midwives that will come to my house and we can't afford it out of pocket
x_Starr_x
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Im not stupid im telling you im havig a natural home like as possible birth at a hospital.

Quoting AshCH:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

AshCH
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM
That sucks I hate how money hungry and selfish insurance companies are! I had to chose because my insurance wouldn't cover it either thank God midwives are thousands of dollars cheaper than the hospital!

Quoting littlemonaghan:

I wish I was. My insurance won't cover any of the midwives that will come to my house and we can't afford it out of pocket

AshCH
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I never said you were stupid.. I misunderstood your comment, relax... This was a nice post about something beautiful no need to be snappy!

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Im not stupid im telling you im havig a natural home like as possible birth at a hospital.

Quoting AshCH:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

mama2gg
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had dd in April and we had quite I few HB mamas have their babies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM

If you are gutsy enough, you could do what a friend of  mine has done TWICE now!!! She has home-birthed both of her children with only her and her DH in the house!!! NO midwife, NO Dr!!! Just the two of them!!! She has a huge blow-up pool that they fill up with warm water and it has a pump and heater that keeps the water heated and constantly pumping thru the pool to keep her warm. THANKFULLY, her deliveries were both uneventful!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting littlemonaghan:

AshCH
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I thought about this as well but for my first home birth I'd like to have a midwife there!

Quoting Allebas:

If you are gutsy enough, you could do what a friend of  mine has done TWICE now!!! She has home-birthed both of her children with only her and her DH in the house!!! NO midwife, NO Dr!!! Just the two of them!!! She has a huge blow-up pool that they fill up with warm water and it has a pump and heater that keeps the water heated and constantly pumping thru the pool to keep her warm. THANKFULLY, her deliveries were both uneventful!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting littlemonaghan:

littlemonaghan
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

If Tricare didn't cover my midwife then I would do just that. lol. 

I found a great midwife that is covered and there is a birth center within a hospital that tricare covers, so I get a great midwife and a water birth...just not at home. Overall I'm happy with this situation, lol. It could be worse and I could be stuck with an OB! lol

Quoting Allebas:

GOOD LUCK!!

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)