Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any of you ladies doing this?
I'm so excited for mine...just need to get pregnant first haha
I'm watching the business of being born and sobbing
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Replies (41-42):
NCJen84
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I completely agree but for me I could never do it. Mainly because it still bothers me because he was born at home I was the only one to ever hear his cries. I actually thought about calling the 911 center and seeing if I could get a copy of the tape because he was crying in the background so my dh could hear it.

If it would have been normal pregnancy, normal delivery, and he would have lived I wouldn't mind it again. It did teach me...my body can go into labor on its on and I can do this! My other 4 were induced 42weeks, 41weeks, and 1 at 39 due to complications. 

Quoting supermillerMom:

That's horrible! I'm sorry that happened. But there's a huge difference between a planned homebirth with a normal pregnancy and an emergency delivery. Especially when you're home alone with another baby. Omg I can't even imagine. Glad everyone was okay.

Quoting NCJen84:

I will not do a home birth again. My last pregnancy my son had no amniotic fluid from 22wks on and he was accidentally born at home and coded in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. It was an empowering experience but not for me. Plus he was breech... But then again I was home alone iwth a 16 month old.

I will be doing all natural at the hospital.

AshCH
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:48 AM

It'll be my second but my first unmedicated and first home birth, im kind of nervous and so is hubby but im SOO excited!!!

Quoting zandizane:

I think because he was my 4th delivery the dr figured I knew what I was doing ;) I can understand wanting a professional there for a first baby.
Quoting AshCH:

Oh wow that's awesome(not the ob checking you first) but I'm glad that you got to deliver baby yourself! I'm scared to do unassisted the first time but maybe with my 3rd baby I can do it, I just want a professional there in case anything should God forbid go wrong, and to help me focus and what have you!

Quoting zandizane:

If I ever get pregnant again I will have an unassisted birth at home with just dh and I. I am also thinking of having an unassisted pregnancy (meaning no dr appts). My last child was planned to be born unassisted but at my 34 wk appt my ob decided to check my cervix even though I protested. I was in labor within hours and I had to go the hospital. Thankfully, the on call ob let me deliver on my own as he stood watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured