Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Provera?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and he gave me a prescription for provera.  I am on CD 59 now.  He looked with me back through my last 6 months of charting and agrees that I've probably not been ovulating.  :(  And now this cycle is insanely long.  He suggested I take the Provera to jump start my next cycle and attempt for 3 more cycles and then consider clomid. 

I just don't know what to do.  *sigh* Any of you that have been here have any tips/words of advice?  I just am not sure I want to take medication to do this...I feel so broken.  DH doesn't understand. 

Oh...and after my appt I started spotting so I thought maybe it was AF.  Nope.  Just post pap spotting.  :(

by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Gladys_ortiz89
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
It took me two years because i was irregular because of depo provera. So i didnt started on my own dr gave me provera and clomid and conceived my son on yhe 2nd cycle at 50mgof clomid. Now I am on my 2nd cycle ttc baby 2 and 100mg clomid. Me and dh have decided I will start taking vitex so I wont be on medication I am on cdv17 so far. Gl
mataya2011
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

If you are talking about depo provera it sucks. It took me a while to get AF to come back. Now AF is irregular. I wish you the best of luck though and don't forget it can have a different effect for you also.

gradysmom2006
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Good luck to you!

mataya2011
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

What is Clomid?

HisB0107
by Billine on May. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I took Provera with Clomid for three months and then Provera with Femara for two months to get pregnant with my daughter. I ended up trying for 18 months (because for once in my life my period was coming every month like clock work after having my DD) and one round of Femara with a shot of Ovidrel and I got pregnant with my son. It's solely up to you. I know it's disheartening to find out that you need to have fertility drugs in order to get pregnant. I really do know how it feels. ((hugs)) It's just somehting you and your husband should discuss. It'll effect both of you.

biancalina20
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
It will just help you get your period. Ive don't it before because I'm the same way. You will still be able to ttc your nect cycle.
gradysmom2006
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Clomid is a fertility medication.  Provera is a hormone replacement. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured