Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Why is it not happening?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
My fiancé and I have been trying for the last three months to get pregnant and it just hasn't happened. I am shocked that it did not happen this last time because I thought we timed everything perfectly. My best friend said that it could take me awhile to actually get pregnant because I was on my birth control for 10 years and I just stopped taking them back in November. I'm trying to stay positive but it is so hard because I want a baby so bad. I told my fiancé yday maybe I can't get pregnant, and he said that I shouldn't think like that and that we will figure it out. He as well thinks its because of the birth control. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone want to offer some advice?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM

It can take your body a year or more to regulate after being on bc, especially for so long.

What did you do to determine you timed everything perfectly? Did you use opks, chart your bbt?

Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM
It can take a perfectly fertile couple almost a year to concieve...i suggest the book Taking charge of your fertility, its amazing and it helped us
Camsmommy12
by Christina on May. 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Track your cycle. take ovulation tests, and BD. Honey only 3 months, that's nothing a normal couple takes up to a year. It will happen eventually, good luck!!!
littlemonaghan
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Normal healthy couples only have a 20% chance of conceiving each month anyway. On top of that, it can take up to a year for most couples and you've been on bc for a very long time.

Honestly, I would stop paying attention to your cycles and just enjoy your fiancé. It will happen when you least expect it. If after a full year goes by and still no luck, then break out the temping and charting and doctors.

It took me 13 months to get pregnant with my first and 6 months to get pregnant with this baby.

Just have fun. Sex is supposed to be fun, don't stress about it, that will only make it eventually feel like a job.
SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on May. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I'm just going to echo what everyone else has said.  It can take a perfectly normal, healthy, fertile couple up to a year or so to concieve naturally.  And that's with timing everything right every month.  You were on birth control for a long time and so it may take a while for your cycles to regulate.  Make sure you are charting your bbt and using opks to make sure you're ovulating and find out when you're ovulating.  Or you could just "not try" and have fun with it.  Either way, relax and don't stress about it, stress can make ttc even more difficult.

EAzizM
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 months is not long. It can take an average of a year for a health couple to get pregnant.
irisha26
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
It took me 6 months with my first. 7 months w my 2nd. I never took BC pills. Now 6 years later been trying for 7 months and no luck. You def still have a long time before you deem yourself infertile. Gl
mhoelzer2988
by Meagan on May. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Takes a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Took me 8 months for my first and 5 months for my 2nd. There's people on here that have been trying for years. If u can't conceive after a year of actively ttc then it'd be worth checking into a dr. Even if u think u have times everything perfectly it still doesn't always work the first time. I think I've read a statistic that says only 20% of women can get pregnant the first time or something. We just started ttc our 3rd child in feb. and we're on month three going on month four but I don't chart temp and do opks. Too much stress and I don't think it'll do me any good anyways because its gonna happen when it happens and I already did the opks with my second for four months and gave up cuz it wasn't working and the fifth month after I gave up it happened and I've heard that from a lot of other women also. When u try too hard to conceive it causes stress and stress isn't good for u and can mess up ur cycles which will make it harder to conceive. It'll happen when it's time just try not to get to obsessed with ttc. It's disappointing a lot and can be very hard on a person. If I was u I would just enjoy BD with ur fiancé and leave it at that.
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

It can take normal healthy couples up to a year to conceive. We conceived our first child two weeks before the one year mark of trying. Definitely take the advice others have stated and chart your temps. Don't give up hope yet.

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

What they said :)

give yourself time, especially after bc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)