Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

i need some help!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 16 Replies

okay so this is going to sound stupid... I am 14dpast Ovidrel trigger shot 12dpiui... and in complete shock i have had 9 positive HPT's  in 2 days!! all different  brands all a combo of pink and blue.. here are a couple if you dont mind looking.. tell me your thoughts???

by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ancttc
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

BUMP!

cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on May. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Congrats!!!!:)

ancttc
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

i'm so worried it might be the ovidrel

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Did they say how long it would take for the ovidrel to leave your system?

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Forgot to ask, are the tests getting darker each day?

Found this info:

Many women are prescribed hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) injections (Profasi, Pregnyl) to trigger ovulation or to lengthen the luteal phase. hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is slowly cleared from the body. This may give a false positive on a pregnancy test. Some trace amounts of hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) can remain in the body as long as 14 days or longer after the last hCG injection. Thus, even after 10 days, there are still several hundred units of hormone available be excreted into the urine and to give a false-positive home pregnancy test.

If you had an hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) shot and want to take a home pregnancy test, you must keep this in mind. Approximately one half of drug is removed each 28 hours and so for accurate results you should wait at least 12 days and preferably 14 days from an hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) injection to be confident that a qualitative test is giving a reliable answer. If you test too soon after an hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) shot, you might get a false positive. Most doctors recommend that you wait 14 days after a 10,000 IU injection, 10 days after a 5,000 IU injection, or 7 days after a 2,500 IU injection.

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/hcgshot.html

ancttc
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

i tested witha walmart cheapie at 12dpovidrel nothing came up... i tested last night with a walmart heapie i had a nice pink line.. the answer brand is more darker then the answer i took last night at 10pm.. they said each person metabolizes the ovidrel differently

ancttc
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

i had the 2,500 iu inje. so maybe just mmaybe this might be real!!

Jrsmommy614
by Chrissy on May. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know anything about Ovidrel so I did some research: (these are statements I found)

Well....If your like me, I LOVE TO POAS. So I usually start testing at 10 DPO...Not to really see if I am Pg but to see if the trigger is gone. I usually get a neg at 10 dpo so at that point I KNOW that anything from then on could be considered a REAL positive. Oh and if you see a faint line at 10 dpo, you will have something to compare to the line on the 12 dpo test (Like if you have a really faint line on 10 dpo but a darker one at 12 dpo, then its more then likely a real BFP)

Rule of thumb is it takes 1 day for 1,000 units of a trigger shot to leave your system, so by 10 days past your trigger it should be gone, but I have seen women still testing false positive at 12 days past trigger.

----------------------------------------------------

I used Ovidrel the cycle I got pregnant. I POAS at 10DPO and immediately called the clinic to ask how long the trigger would cause a positive. The nurse started laughing and told me congrats. Apparently, the hcg from the trigger is gone within 7 days tops. I asked if she was sure about 10 times and she continued to laugh and told me to enjoy the pregnancy.

I've used Ovidrel four times. Each cycle, I started POAS around 6 days past trigger to watch for the meds to leave my system. It was usually out of my system by 9-10 days past trigger.

I took 2500 and it was supposed to be out of my system after 7 days but apparently it wasn't. My RE says 10 days.

All these conclude Ovidrel is out of your system by 10 day after and since you got a negative 12 days after but now a positive at 14 days after I would say you are def. preggo!!!! :-)

photo BeFunky_285599_536969812996332_1913012575_njpg_zps25f45491.jpg

Jrsmommy614
by Chrissy on May. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Sorry such a long post :-) Tried to find as much as I could. 

photo BeFunky_285599_536969812996332_1913012575_njpg_zps25f45491.jpg

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

If you had a negative then got a positive with the same test, it sounds like a congrats is in order! :) Especially if the lines are getting darker. FX!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN