Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Charting question...

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

As it does every morning, my alarm went off at 7am. DH slept with the fan on last night and has a habit of being a  blanket hog. So I wake up at my normal temp time- freezing. I take my temp and it shows a temp .4 degrees less than yesterday morning.  I would still be above my coverline, but that's a pretty significant dip. Well, since I didn't get to bed until almost 1:30am, I decided to lay back down (this time with the covers on)...forgot to set my alarm and woke up at 9:15.  For kicks, I took my temperature. It was .3 degrees higher than yesterday's. 

I don't know which one I should record. On the one hand- my temp was probably lower since the fan was right on me and I wasn't covered up...but more than 2 hours later than I normally record, who knows why my temp would be that much higher. Oi! 

by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsMatthew
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Believe it or not, the body has an amazing ability to regulate temperature even when a fan is blowing on you. Waking up late AND after having woken up just two hours before, I would NOT record the high temp. I'd either record the low one or neither.
fleurmegs
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I definitely have that problem, and I always get up to pee a few hrs before my temp time (around 6:30am).
sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Thanks! I went ahead and recorded the lower temp. It didn't change my chart any...I think I was just nervous that if I recorded the lower temp it'd tell me I didn't ovulate LOL 

Quoting MrsMatthew:

Believe it or not, the body has an amazing ability to regulate temperature even when a fan is blowing on you. Waking up late AND after having woken up just two hours before, I would NOT record the high temp. I'd either record the low one or neither.

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I make sure I pee as much as I can before bed LOL tmi, sorry. But I do! And I don't drink anything before bed either. There's been a couple of times that I've straight up ignored the urge and stayed asleep! 

Quoting fleurmegs:

I definitely have that problem, and I always get up to pee a few hrs before my temp time (around 6:30am).

fleurmegs
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I must have the smallest bladder ever bc I do the same thing!!! I'm usually ok, but when I'm really bloated (like now) I can't hold my pee very long lol.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

I make sure I pee as much as I can before bed LOL tmi, sorry. But I do! And I don't drink anything before bed either. There's been a couple of times that I've straight up ignored the urge and stayed asleep! 

Quoting fleurmegs:

CV3
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I do this every day. I always record the first temp. I figure it just makes more sense that way.

SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on May. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I perosnally would record the lower temp but make a note for the day saying how it was freezing in the room.  It can actually affect your temperature if you sleep somewhere that is a drastically different temperature than you're used to, like in a room with a fan pointed directly at you (provided that isn't how your normally sleep). 

sprinkles9112
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I recorded the lower temperature- and while sometimes we do have the fan on, it hasn't been on since I've been temping.  Not all night at least. I usually set the timer since around 5am the house turns into an ice castle. 

Still above my coverline, so I'm not too nervous (anymore) LOL . 

Thanks! 

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

I perosnally would record the lower temp but make a note for the day saying how it was freezing in the room.  It can actually affect your temperature if you sleep somewhere that is a drastically different temperature than you're used to, like in a room with a fan pointed directly at you (provided that isn't how your normally sleep). 

Gladys_ortiz89
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too thats why i decided to set my alarm at 5 lol

Quoting fleurmegs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured