Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no heartbeat or fetal pole ....need your stories!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

after my miscarriage in September , i never  thought id be pregnant again. Well i am 6  weeks today.Went yesterday for ultrasound a  only saw a gestastion sac and yolk sac.No fetal pole, have to go back in a week.scared to death for a other miscarriage. Anyone else have this happen?????

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Nope. My gestational age is 6-7 weeks but my ultrasound I was told there was no pregnancy, baby is 4 weeks
november117
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Did they do the transvaginal ulttasound?

I used to work in ob and I would say there is hope. Your dates could be off for ovulation.

I was not so fortunate with my last mc. I startedbeeding at 5 weeks 5 days and there was a fetal pole but no hb. 5 months later I was pregnant with my rainbow and we saw a hb at 5 weeks 6 days.
november117
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Your baby is four weeks old after being told youweren't preggo?

Quoting Seximama23:

Nope. My gestational age is 6-7 weeks but my ultrasound I was told there was no pregnancy, baby is 4 weeks

Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM
The tech said she couldnt find a 6 weeks fetus, she said what she think she saw was 4 weeks 2 days. I am indeed pregnant because I had a blood test done and the numbers are even showing that I am just between 4-5 weeks pregnant. So I have a follow up ultrasound the 21

Quoting november117:

Your baby is four weeks old after being told youweren't preggo?

Quoting Seximama23:

Madinsmom
by New Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM

they did a transvaginal. I believe  i ovulate late, does that make a difference???

IreneKate
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

If you had your ovulation late, the baby may be still very little and invisible, I hope with all my heart that next week you will see it!! I know exactly how you feel because I'm in a similar situation... I had a missed miscarriage and a D&C in December (I lost my baby at 6 weeks and 2 days) and I suffered a lot... Now I'm pregnant again (at 7 weeks) but I'm afraid that I may have another miscarriage because I have no symptoms of pregnancy except for tireness... I'll have my first gynecologic visit on Friday and I'm extremely worried... I hope that everything goes well for both of us, but even if we have to face the worst, we must not let our disappointment and our pain stop us from trying to fulfil our dreams... We must keep our hope for the future although I know how difficult it is... May God help us both and all women who are in the same situation! A big hug!

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I did but they told me I was a week behind what I thought I was, and they were right because 2 weeks later I was measuring 7 weeks.
AFleming22710
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
You could have ovulated late. I had an ultrasound done at 5 weeks and all we saw was a sac, no heartbeat or nothing. i had another ultrasound at 8 weeks and we saw the tiniest little baby and even saw the heartbeat.
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Same boat. I had a u/s Monday and just saw the sacs no baby or heartbeat. I got back next week. I don't think doctors should do early ultrasounds, makes us pregnant people crazy!! I have been a wreck for days now. But from all the research I have done, a lot of people don't see a baby or heartbeat till 8 weeks, so I am doing my best to not worry and I think you should try to relax and stay busy.. I know it's a lot easier said than done.
MommyAddie
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
At six weeks I had an u/s that showed nothing (I did have + preg test at the dr) but he saw something that he said COULD be a sac, but nothing else. He had me come in twice for blood tests and called to tell me based on my blood levels and the u/s, he wasn't going to diagnois me as pregnant and I shouldn't expect this to turn into a baby (his exact words :( I another u/s a week and a half later and the sac was definitely there as well as a squirming little fetus. I'm now 17 weeks pregnant. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured