Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opks *UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 17 Replies

How long will opks be almost pos before turning pos? I'm getting frustrated over here.

*UPDATE* Here is todays OPK!  Finally POS!  CD20!  Yay:)

And here is my Chart.  Wondering if My temp will shoot up or dip tomorrow.  Better DTD tonight just in case!  Now, DH needs to hurry and get home.  LOL.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had them be almost positive and never get positive, I've had a strong surge and no almost positives, and I've had almost positives and then go negative again just because i didn't etst often enough.

It depends on how long it takes your body to gear up to surge, how often your testing each day and the times your testing,.. If your cycle is fairly regular, then you'd know when to start testing and how long it will take, if it's irregular, your guess is as good as mine.

cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on May. 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Kaj. Happened to me. My surge never got dark but close!! But not there think my tests were wacky hoping we did o though.

smyle17
by Niki on May. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Quoting kajira:

I've had them be almost positive and never get positive, I've had a strong surge and no almost positives, and I've had almost positives and then go negative again just because i didn't etst often enough.

It depends on how long it takes your body to gear up to surge, how often your testing each day and the times your testing,.. If your cycle is fairly regular, then you'd know when to start testing and how long it will take, if it's irregular, your guess is as good as mine.

I have been testing 3 times a day. I'm running out of opks...Lol. I thought for sure it would go pis today. All 3 today have been real close but not quite.
smyle17
by Niki on May. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Quoting cookie860:

Kaj. Happened to me. My surge never got dark but close!! But not there think my tests were wacky hoping we did o though.

Hoping they were wacky! Do you temp?
kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

i've had cycles were it would ALMOST go positive and just... not quite get there.

If it's ALMOST as dark as the control line, or as dark, I'd count it... and just BD and wait to see what your temps do.

As dark as the test line : I count this as positive.

Darker than the control line - in the last year, I've only had this happen where it's darker than the control line, 2x... once when I took femera to induce ovulation, and my LP was too short for conception. (9 days, ugh!!) 

And this cycle. 

what a normal cycle would look like for me when I'd be testing : 

and those would be the darkest I'd get. :/ It's not the tests that are faulty, because they DO pick up my surges when they are strong enough.... It's my body that ends up not having enough hormone to surge.

Quoting smyle17:

Quoting kajira:

I have been testing 3 times a day. I'm running out of opks...Lol. I thought for sure it would go pis today. All 3 today have been real close but not quite.

Living with Autism - The quirky kitty.

Our autistic Family - A Dad's point of view on living with Autism

Shea.Mack
by Shea on May. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

On my cheapie test they are never positive until they are a true positive.  What brand of ovulation test are you using?

smyle17
by Niki on May. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Here are mine.  They look darker IRL..lol.  I hate cameras!  What makes it harder is when they are wet and the lines look even closer to the same color.

Quoting kajira:

i've had cycles were it would ALMOST go positive and just... not quite get there.

If it's ALMOST as dark as the control line, or as dark, I'd count it... and just BD and wait to see what your temps do.

As dark as the test line : I count this as positive.

Darker than the control line - in the last year, I've only had this happen where it's darker than the control line, 2x... once when I took femera to induce ovulation, and my LP was too short for conception. (9 days, ugh!!) 

And this cycle. 

what a normal cycle would look like for me when I'd be testing : 

and those would be the darkest I'd get. :/ It's not the tests that are faulty, because they DO pick up my surges when they are strong enough.... It's my body that ends up not having enough hormone to surge.

Quoting smyle17:

Quoting kajira:

smyle17
by Niki on May. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM

The amazon wondfo.

Quoting Shea.Mack:

On my cheapie test they are never positive until they are a true positive.  What brand of ovulation test are you using?

kajira
by Emma on May. 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Unfortunately, none of those are even close to being positive. you just have to keep waiting. :(
Shea.Mack
by Shea on May. 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Quoting smyle17:

The amazon wondfo.

Quoting Shea.Mack:

I use the store brand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured