Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

O/T Hubs & in-laws ruined my mother's day...Update in Red

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 31 Replies

So my in-laws haven't come to see my son in about 3 or so months and decide they want to come over today of all days. I had told DH I wanted it to just be us. But they came anyways and then decide they want to take my son with them for the day and DH agrees. WTF does that? NEVER has he had his parents watch DS for our anniversary or valentines and they NEVER asked to take him before why on Mother's day? I know we are mother's all day everyday but damn really the one day everyone makes time to spend with the kids or moms I don't have mine? IDK if it's just me but I found it rude of them to even ask and on top of that ask DH not me.. I told him really?? You don't make time to take me to dinner for any other special occasion but you want to take me to dinner today withour our DS?? I told him I'm not going anywhere it would hurt to see all the other moms with their kids celebrating and mine is not.. I don't find it great to celebrate with out the whole reason I am MOM. Do I should crazy??  ugh... vent over...

Thank You ladies for all the comments. I do get what DH was trying to do but I had told him I wanted to spend the day us (me, him, and ds) and it completely irked my nerve because they went and asked DH and not both of us & because he didn't consult me. But after I seen I was not happy with them taking him he went and caught them not about 20 mins down the road (we live 2 hrs apart). And I think another reason it really bothered me was because I'm just so sentimental about my "due date" coming right around the corner and knowing it won't happen.. Hope everyone else has a great Mother's Day.:-)

photo BeFunky_285599_536969812996332_1913012575_njpg_zps25f45491.jpg

by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristiBeth8811
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have been ok with anyone taking dd either. I completely understand!

Mummiesangels
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be mad too!
kajira
by Emma on May. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand why it would upset you.... However, think of it as them giving you a day off, to just enjoy and relax.

Maybe read a book, have a glass of wine, spend a day to yourself?  It probably doesn't help though, but I guess that's how I'd try to handle it so I wouldn't let it ruin my day.

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely pamper yourself today! And make dh take you out w your ds another day.

I would be annoyed that they made these plans wo consulting you. You should be the one deciding what you do on Mothers Day.

ChefFatCat
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be pissed off to the fucking max!!!
its bad already Im pissed off as it is!!!

I was to get Breakfast in bed... well that didnt happen

then I had to make my own fucking dinner... so Im right there for with ya.. n then to top it off..
oh fuck it Im pissed anyways!!!

Oh well

happy mothers day to ya!!!!

im going for a nap!!!!..... ggggrrrrr
mhoelzer2988
by Meagan on May. 12, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah that is kind of strange for them to do that. My in laws always want to get together on Mother's Day every year. I hate it because its supposed to be my day so I should get to do what I wanna do and it's definitely not going to the in laws house to sit around and be bored. If I wanted to do that I'd wanna be in the comfort of my own home. I'd really like to just spend time with my hubby and kids but that always gets ruined!
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
So that would totally annoy me as it played out but I have to admit that I use mothers day as my day off. I'm currently in the bath reading (they brought me breakfast in here!) and then will lay in bed and chill out all afternoon...alone. we will take my mom to dinner later so we'll all be together then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by Tracy on May. 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow that sux! Sorry momma.

TTC2Long
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I can see his side. I mean, don't get me wrong - mother's day should be whatever YOU want, so If you want to be with your son, that's what he should do. BUT he probably just thought he's give you some kid free relaxation time, ya know? Go have fun, make him give you a massage and try to see the bright side! No sense in ruining your own day!
DavonnaC
by Davonna on May. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh sorry :/ I know u were dreading them coming anyway!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)