Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:) I can't help it!!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 25 Replies

Im looking up ideas to announce pregnancy.. I want to do something fun for our family and friends when we finally do conceive. After all they have been waiting along with us:) Im thinking a BBQ and us each have shirts on and the ultra sound in a pic frame... or mini gifts when you open it it has a surprise note...Ex New Grandma on **-**-****, new auntie, new uncle....

How you ladies planning on announcing?

angel miniMrs Gonzales devil mini

by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sprinkles9112
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I already have an internet announcement made up for Facebook. I'm a Batman freak, so I made a comic strip of old school Batman and Robin annoucing it for us. 

As far as our parents...I'm thinking of buying "Grandma" and "Grandpa" shirts for all of them- visiting and saying we found something that totally screamed "them" and giving it to them as a gift to open :) 

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

What a cute idea:) Both our parents are in town so I think we will just include them in the BBQ.. but tell them to arrive earlier or something:)

Quoting sprinkles9112:

I already have an internet announcement made up for Facebook. I'm a Batman freak, so I made a comic strip of old school Batman and Robin annoucing it for us. 

As far as our parents...I'm thinking of buying "Grandma" and "Grandpa" shirts for all of them- visiting and saying we found something that totally screamed "them" and giving it to them as a gift to open :) 

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this

This will be our 3rd so we are going to be more casual about it once it happens.  My bff's will probably get a text pic of the hpt, our families will get phone calls and then for the rest of the friends it'll just come out when it comes out.  we generally don't wait too long to tell.  we go to a monthly potluck at a friend's house so i'm thinking we'll just put our 2 kids in Big Brother/Big Sister shirts and let them do the "talking"!

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM

cute my friend did something simmilar. thats why I like the t shirt idea and see who notices and who is a little slow lol

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

This will be our 3rd so we are going to be more casual about it once it happens.  My bff's will probably get a text pic of the hpt, our families will get phone calls and then for the rest of the friends it'll just come out when it comes out.  we generally don't wait too long to tell.  we go to a monthly potluck at a friend's house so i'm thinking we'll just put our 2 kids in Big Brother/Big Sister shirts and let them do the "talking"!

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We found out we were pg with our 2nd right after Thanksgiving so we decided to wait until Christmas to tell people.  Our 2 year old had a Christmas shirt with a List for Santa on it.  We got a fabric pen and added a check box for "New Baby Brother or Sister" and checked it.  We just told the family to see how cute his shirt was and when they read it, they got it!  That shirt is in our keepsake box now :)  Shirts are a super cute idea!

Quoting jayangel82:

cute my friend did something simmilar. thats why I like the t shirt idea and see who notices and who is a little slow lol

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Thats adorable! :)

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

We found out we were pg with our 2nd right after Thanksgiving so we decided to wait until Christmas to tell people.  Our 2 year old had a Christmas shirt with a List for Santa on it.  We got a fabric pen and added a check box for "New Baby Brother or Sister" and checked it.  We just told the family to see how cute his shirt was and when they read it, they got it!  That shirt is in our keepsake box now :)  Shirts are a super cute idea!

Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Sonylena
by Selena on May. 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

With our first we told our parents with framed ultrasounds. With our second we just told our parents and then to tell everyone else we video us telling Katie Grace she was going to be a big sister and posted it on facebook. With our third I'm going to do some kind of picture since I'm a photographer.

kajira
by Emma on May. 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would probably just email a picture of the test to my mom in law once I knew for sure the pregnancy was viable.... ;o Or let her son tell her.
iHEAVENn
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If we get blessed with another little one I plan on just calling my dad lol. 

For my mom, I will order her a bouquet of flowers and have the note read " Please call me when these are delivered. Love you" 

Then when she calls or texts to let me know she has the flowers, send her a pic of my belly with writing that says "My mommy says you are my grandma? Hope to meet you in (x amount of months) " 

For hubby's mom, I would bring her a bouquet of flowers since she lives by us and show her the ultrasound et. :) 

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I love it!

Quoting iHEAVENn:

If we get blessed with another little one I plan on just calling my dad lol. 

For my mom, I will order her a bouquet of flowers and have the note read " Please call me when these are delivered. Love you" 

Then when she calls or texts to let me know she has the flowers, send her a pic of my belly with writing that says "My mommy says you are my grandma? Hope to meet you in (x amount of months) " 

For hubby's mom, I would bring her a bouquet of flowers since she lives by us and show her the ultrasound et. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)