Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not pregnant but have good news!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM
  • 6 Replies

for the past month ive had severe attacks of pain...5 total now. first we thought it was kidney infections. well i had my 5th attack tonight and went to the er. after alot of being poked and some meds i got a ct scan and come to find out its not my kidneys!!! yay!!! but i have a gallstone and have to get my gallbladder removed.

but im happy to finally know the reason for my pain and know that its going to get fixed!!!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 24, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Well that's good news I guess. Good luck with your surgery and the post OP and adjusting to life minus one organ. My sister had to have hers out almost a year ago and the adjustment hasn't been pleasant lol.
Brandibee_5
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM
I had my gallbladder removed when I was pregnant. It wasn't a bad surgery. After surgery you can't have fatty foods or you will have diarrhea all the time.
justpeachy71904
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM
I have a friend who just had that done. Just make sure to get used to a new diet. Best of lick glad you got answers!
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome news! Not that your in pain of course, but because they found the cause of pain and are going to help fix it. After the birth of my second son, I was having attacks. They finally found gall stones. And took my gall bladder out. When they got in there they found so many gall stones, my gall bladder was extra big because of it. They had to take a different route to get it out, in which they made 5 incisions. They also couldn't blow me up with as much air as they'd like because of just having a baby. Anyway enough about me! You'll feel so much better after having it done, trust me. And what helped me alot was pain pills, and the hottest bath you could stand. Kup and GL! Feel better..
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Oh, and at first only several foods gave me diarrhea. Now 7 months later, I have no problems with that. My doctor said it's a myth that it bother everyone. It just depend on the person.
Shea.Mack
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Happy to hear you know what's going on now that is always a good feeling good luck with everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)