Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPK question!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hey Ladies! Got another question for you, sorry! Today my AF ends! Yay!!! I know nothing about my cycles so I was going to start doing OPKs every other day or so. I know that the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive, but if the test line is really light could that mean that I'm in my 3 day fertile window? Should we start bding as soon as we see a faint test line?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsA0625
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
No they'll all show up with that light second line.
MrsHubert
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I took one the other day to just check it out, lol and it didn't have a second line.

Michaela880
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have faint second line , every time, how long are usualy your cycle?

MrsHubert
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I've never kept track until this cycle

Quoting Michaela880:

I have faint second line , every time, how long are usualy your cycle?

atate21
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I highly suggest the digital opk's its sooo much easier to read. And when you don't get a :-) why not BD every other day anyways lol
rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Bd every other day. And u should take opk every day afternoon time. If u do everyother day u have a risk of missing the start of ovulation which if u r like me that's a very important day. However if u bd everyther day then u should be good
MrsHubert
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I thought it wasn't good to bd alot because it would use up the good sperm for the baby making. And by using OPK's how will I know if it's the start of ovulation?

Quoting rwcw89:

Bd every other day. And u should take opk every day afternoon time. If u do everyother day u have a risk of missing the start of ovulation which if u r like me that's a very important day. However if u bd everyther day then u should be good

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

theres mix info, every other day isn't bad it give u guys a lil rest inbetween. if its the start you will have a positive opk test. lemme see if i can find a pic of mine 

Quoting MrsHubert:

I thought it wasn't good to bd alot because it would use up the good sperm for the baby making. And by using OPK's how will I know if it's the start of ovulation?

Quoting rwcw89:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

lovelikethis721
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM
My OB recommends that while ttc you should BD every day during your fertile period unless your SO/DH has a low sperm count then you should limit it to every other day. An opk will show the beginning of ovulation because that's usually when you'll get your first positive. Good luck!

Quoting MrsHubert:

Quoting rwcw89:

Just.1.More
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

here are my opks I took this cycle mine got dark , I only got to Baby dance cd9&10 cuz of his work, but if we could would have bd every other day. Now my last 2 tests on the bottom cd15 is barely there now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)