Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

INCREASED TO 150mg OF CLOMID...SUCCESS RATE!?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

How many of you ladies have had any success with clomid after increased from 100mg to 150mg. I had started out on 50mg 1.5 years ago and then 6 months later increased me to 100mg. Well I also take provera to bring on AF. I hadnt had AF in eiter April nor May and each month was OPK-. So i called my OBGYN yesterday and she increased my dosage to 150mg. What is the success rate of this? I am wondering because I will be taken off the clomid in August and my next step will be IUI.

Thank You!!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

bump

waitingmommy12
by Eva on May. 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I went up to 150mg. Unfortunately it didn't work for me but everyone is different my doctor gave me two options to either bump up to 200mg the highest we could go or try letrozol (femara) like clomid but a little different sheer said some women just doing respond to clomid but do great on letrozol so I started letrozol I take my last dose today do we'll see! I'd ask your doctor about it before iui. Gl
auburngirl814
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM

THANK YOU!! I will talk to her about ther femara if this doesnt work next month, bc I have been on clomid for over 1 and a half years now.

Quoting waitingmommy12:

I went up to 150mg. Unfortunately it didn't work for me but everyone is different my doctor gave me two options to either bump up to 200mg the highest we could go or try letrozol (femara) like clomid but a little different sheer said some women just doing respond to clomid but do great on letrozol so I started letrozol I take my last dose today do we'll see! I'd ask your doctor about it before iui. Gl

nicole2884
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

there are more steps between clomid an iui , there is femara an ovidrel, ask your obgyn about more options

i did two rounds of clomid 100mg one month 150mg the second month an doctor said that if clomid was going to work i would have at these high doses , that we could move on to femara an ovidrel an both months i was on it i produced decent follies, 

femara 2.5mg bfn

femara 2.5mg + ovidrel = bfp 

no side affects with femara an just regular cramps with ovidrel

dont give up , there was another drug option but i forget the name sorry

but you defiantly have more options an if this obgyn isnt willing to do them then get a second option

nicole2884
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

i also wanted to add that , having a doctor who is willing put you on clomid for that long scares me , my doctor didnt want me on it more than 6 mths because it thins out your uterus, you may want to seek a second option, also it maybe good to go back on birth control for a few months so that you uterus lining plumps up again an then try femara, 

but i would defiantly get a second option 

auburngirl814
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Thank you so much! All of your info is really helpful. I am going to see my obgny for a check up in July, so I will talk to her then if the clomid hasnt worked by that time :)

Quoting nicole2884:

there are more steps between clomid an iui , there is femara an ovidrel, ask your obgyn about more options

i did two rounds of clomid 100mg one month 150mg the second month an doctor said that if clomid was going to work i would have at these high doses , that we could move on to femara an ovidrel an both months i was on it i produced decent follies, 

femara 2.5mg bfn

femara 2.5mg + ovidrel = bfp 

no side affects with femara an just regular cramps with ovidrel

dont give up , there was another drug option but i forget the name sorry

but you defiantly have more options an if this obgyn isnt willing to do them then get a second option

auburngirl814
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Well, I live in a small town and she is the only obgyn that isn't over an hour away and i work close to 50 hours a week and dont have the time to drive that far :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)