Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe Positive?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/18515642/TTC_Confusion

I posted a link to my first post from a few weeks ago. My period is due tomorrow, but I have no definite signs of it coming. I do have sore boobs, which could go either way. I've been peeing a lot!!! Like a full bladder every hour to 2 hours and I don't drink that much!! If I ovulated late, a pregnancy test would show up late right? Does that mean my period would be late as well? Sorry, it's my first month ttc lol.

I took a test this morning with FMU. There's something there, just not sure if it counts as a positive!! I'll take a new one tomorrow or Sunday but here's a pic from today's taken right at 3 minutes. Tell me what you think!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Yes if you ovulated later an hpt would take a few more days to show fully positive. Any idea on when you ovulated?

i can't really tell on that test, it's best to look in daylight. You can retest after holding urine for 4 hours or tomorrow.

WishingAway
by Angela on May. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Mine was the same way and now I am almost 24 weeks!! :-) 

ttc2014bby
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Well, I wasn't charting or anything, but if I had to guess based on symptoms it was around May 15-17.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but there was a line starting on one side but it wasn't the same color all the way across. It almost seemed to get lighter as it went across.

Quoting ZennMomma:

Yes if you ovulated later an hpt would take a few more days to show fully positive. Any idea on when you ovulated?

i can't really tell on that test, it's best to look in daylight. You can retest after holding urine for 4 hours or tomorrow.

ttc2014bby
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Eeek! Lol my hopes are getting higher! I told my fiance my boobs hurt but that it could just be a period symptom and he's like "I don't know how it's just a period symptom when they're fuller and bigger too, this has to be it!" Fingers crossed!!

Are you having a boy or girl?

Quoting WishingAway:

WishingAway
by Angela on May. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Fx'd for you!! A boy :-)

Quoting ttc2014bby:

Eeek! Lol my hopes are getting higher! I told my fiance my boobs hurt but that it could just be a period symptom and he's like "I don't know how it's just a period symptom when they're fuller and bigger too, this has to be it!" Fingers crossed!!

Quoting WishingAway:

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

it depends how many days after ovulation do u get ur af. me personally no matter what cd i ovulated, i got my af 15 days later. everyone is different, usually between 12-14 days and thats if your regular, if your irregular it varies sooo much more. so it may be too early, implantation doesnt happen until typically 6-12 days post ovulation (there are some exceptions) and you wouldnt get a positive until at least 24 hrs post implantation. 

sorry i do too much research lol. fx itll happen for you

ttc2014bby
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Thank you!! We're trying for a girl. Congratulations by the way!
Quoting WishingAway:

Fx'd for you!! A boy :-)

Quoting ttc2014bby:

Quoting WishingAway:

ttc2014bby
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
My periods are normally very regular, but I've never kep't track of ovulation so that makes it difficult. I really should next month if this doesn't work out, just to be sure on everything! I can estimate if I ovulated on the 16th my period would probably be due the beginning of next week according to your research so I'll just keep testing! Thanks for your help!
Quoting rwcw89:

it depends how many days after ovulation do u get ur af. me personally no matter what cd i ovulated, i got my af 15 days later. everyone is different, usually between 12-14 days and thats if your regular, if your irregular it varies sooo much more. so it may be too early, implantation doesnt happen until typically 6-12 days post ovulation (there are some exceptions) and you wouldnt get a positive until at least 24 hrs post implantation. 

rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Don't stress keeping track to much. I only used opks since I'm very regular along with softcup n preseed n it worked. =) keep in mind ur not out until af comes gl!

Quoting ttc2014bby:

My periods are normally very regular, but I've never kep't track of ovulation so that makes it difficult. I really should next month if this doesn't work out, just to be sure on everything! I can estimate if I ovulated on the 16th my period would probably be due the beginning of next week according to your research so I'll just keep testing! Thanks for your help!

Quoting rwcw89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)