Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think that blood work and ultra sounds are benefitial?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

My doctor says it is more of a cost/insurance thing.  It is not going to make you pregnant but they can monitor you more and know what is going on better? Does your insurance pay for it? Do you get shots during it? Is it better to just take clomid as a newbie or go full force and get all the extras....Round 2 for me...

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EAzizM
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
The two times I have been pregnant, have resulted in losses due to low progestrone. I needed to get blood work done right away to get put on supplements. We plan on starting Clomid in Sept-Oct and I will have to be monitored closely due to my low p levels.
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Our insurance pays 90% of my ultrasounds and bloodwork. You need to call them and ask if they cover anything and if so how much. I would also ask about Ovidrel for your trigger shot and see how much they cover for that. I honestly think they are both a good idea to have done. You will know your levels as well as if your follicles are getting big enough from ultrasound.

WishingAway
by Angela on May. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I wish my dr would have monitored me more on clomid I might have gotten pregnant faster. I didn't have any US's but I liked the blood work to "confirm" O!!

froyogal
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Quoting EAzizM:

Through to times I have been pregnant, have resulted in losses due to low progestrone. I needed to get blood work done right away to get put on supplements. We plan on starting Clomid in Sept-Oct and I will have to be monitored closely due to my low p levels.

Wow I never even thought of that. Thanks for your help! Good luck to you!

BethRae
by Bethany on May. 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM
My insurance covers lab work and ultrasounds. I just pay my $40 copay on those things. I don't do the 2nd trimester bloodwork though. I forget the name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChefFatCat
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My ins covers every thing while Im pregos Im very Hi risk... Im ITP+ so I have u/s n blood work done wkly.... n most times in the hosp for the wkend... so have all ur testing done...
froyogal
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Thanks Everyone! I will have to call my insurance company. If it covers it, I will definitely go that route. I had two doctors on my case with different opinions so they are getting on the same page now. One monitored, one didn't until much later down the road...so we will see what the insurance company says because it sounds like it is worth it. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)