Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

False pregnancy??

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
Please no bashing!

Is it possible I'm having a false pregnancy?
I've tested 3 times on a stick once I had my blood drawn.
I've been nauseous lately with sore breast an abnormal periods. They are normally regular. I've even felt slight twinges in my lower stomach

With my first I had NO pregnancy symptoms.

I don't know what to do. My regular doc doesn't even listen to me. Should I ask for a ultrasound with my OB??

I really don't know what to do

I already feel stupid for asking this so please no bashing.

Thanks
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mhoelzer2988
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

we don't bash in this group so you don't have to worry about that. The ladies in here are very supportive. This is one of the few groups on cafemom that doesn't have rude women in it. If they come in here they don't stay long because we won't stand for it. Anyways to answer your question, I have had what you are talking about and had negative tests. You may want to get your thyroid checked. That can throw your hormones all out of whack. I've had issues with mine in the past so I know first hand how much it can throw off your whole body. GL.

lovelikethis721
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM
If all pregnancy tests are negative I'd get your thyroid checked. Good luck!
lovleopards
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I'm already on a thyroid medication
babie113
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM

i wouldnt presume its "phantom pregnancy" but maybe you have a problem with your thiroid get a full fertility workup

mhoelzer2988
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I've heard many times from women that are on thyroid meds that they still can have thyroid problems. It's just one of those things you pretty much struggle with for the rest of your life like arthritis. There's meds to help it not be as severe but it's still there. Regulating a thyroid is like regulating an ADHD childs meds. It's very hard. There's a lot of people in my family that struggle with thyroid issues.

Quoting lovleopards:

I'm already on a thyroid medication

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)