Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so confused..

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 1 Replies

Any advice or input would be great here.. 

I've had 2 m/c in the last 6 months. One in November, one in March. 

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism. I take medication for both (metformin & synthroid).

After March, I couldn't handle it, so I stopped taking my metformin, prenatals, etc. 

I have a good friend who I saw at the beginning of May, and she's an OB - she recommended I start taking a baby asprin & additional folic acid. 

Surprisingly, I've already had 2 cycles since the m/c. They were 30-31 days long.

This cycle I decided to start taking my medication again because we decided to stop preventing now that we passed my doctors recommended two cycle wait, and figured I'd have a really long cycle this time since I hadn't been on medication in over two months.. I'm not temping, I'm not using OPK's, so I know it's possible I haven't ovulated.. But I'm currently CD14 - at CD10 (I think it was 10.. maybe 11 - I didn't write it down beause I didn't think anything of it) I noticed some cramping. Thought it was weird, but didn't think anything of it. CD11 (maybe 12?) I noticed I had some pink tinted CM - and quite a bit of it. Last night CD13, I still had a fair amount of CM. We did BD yesterday (not because I thought I o'd, just because he's out of state until Thursday and we tend to do that when he leaves for work - LOL)..

Has anyone stopped the metformin and stayed regular? I just can't believe that this may have happened.. I don't really know if I'm ready to get pregnant right now - but we also understand we made this decision to stop preventing so it could obviously happen. I'm just confused. And now I have to wait two weeks knowing that I've had this CM and cramping and pink tinted stuff... UGH. This is almost worst than when we were actively TTC... Advice? Thoughts? Opinions? TIA.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MrsA0625
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My one suggestion would be to relax and not worry, which is easier said than done I know.

Secondly I think that just waiting out the two weeks and just going about your business is the best thing. Keeps your mind occupied and your cycle as normal as possible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)