Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 weeks and has a interview advice please!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
Okay I have a interview today just what I need Im so excited but in 18 weeks along I plan to tell them I'm pregnant after the interview, but there's more me and my husband have a cruise in 3 weeks that we have been paying for/for a year should I also bring that up or wait till after I get hired? Can they deny he vaca?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Proud_Mommy05
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wait to get hired to say anything about the vaca because it may not effect your start date.  Good luck!!

feliciaanne1129
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Its a hard one... vacation in 3 weeks, then maternity leave a few months after that... they might not like that :( But, if its meant to be.. it will all work out. good luck girl

IansMommy2012
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
this.
my experience was I want prego but my lil guy had a lot of Dr appointment right after I started working and yes it effected my start day by 1-2 days but it's working pout good now and me and dh were trying for another but not now so.... I guess many story really didn't help in the end lol sorry for the rant

Quoting feliciaanne1129:

Its a hard one... vacation in 3 weeks, then maternity leave a few months after that... they might not like that :( But, if its meant to be.. it will all work out. good luck girl

Focused_Mom
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I used to work in upper management. They can deny your vacation since you will still be probationary and will not have time to cover the vacation. If it is a pre hire agreement then they will need to honor it. It is illegal to not hire someone because of pregnancy. So you honestly do not have to mention it however, if you want the vacation, you do need to mention that.
mama2gg
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I HIGHLY doubt they will allow a vacation you need to work anywhere a year or more some places to get time off....and I wouldn't say anything about my pregnancy till I was hired though its not legal to not hire you because of it I guarantee you many women aren't hired because of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dizzydd
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I would be up front about both things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)