Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disappointed, But Not Surprised...

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 25 Replies
Had a meeting with my fertility doctor yesterday. After four failed Clomid cycles and two failed IUIs, all my infertility tests coming back normal, the doctor pretty much told me my only hope for a baby is the IVF. He said we may never know what is wrong with my body, but to him, it seems like my egg quality is good, my eggs just aren't sticking or fertilizing for some reason. After a talk with the hubby, we decided we are going to go through with it, but are going to wait a couple months, so we can catch up on bills first, and also lose a little bit of weight, so we can improve our chances of the procedure working. In the meantime, the doctor suggested we still keep trying with Clomid and IUIs, and just hope for the best. I asked about the Clomid "limit" of 6 months, and he said it is a myth. He said a long time ago, people believed too many cycles of Clomid was linked to ovarian cancer, but it has not been proven, and he doesn't believe in it. But, I told him I just need to do something different this cycle. It's like that quote, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result." So, I asked him if I could try Femara instead. He agreed. And as predicted, I started my period today, so here goes to another cycle. I feel like I don't have a chance, but I'm still hoping for the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lemay25
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Have u tried soy an baby aspirin it worked for me this cycle look it up on line aspirin helps with implantion hopefully this is ur month good luck an lots of baby dust
babycarney08
by Kim on May. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
What is femera? I wish you luck sweetie!
babycarney08
by Kim on May. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I've been thinking about trying the baby aspirin. I think I'm oing today. Is it too late to start it?

Quoting lemay25:

Have u tried soy an baby aspirin it worked for me this cycle look it up on line aspirin helps with implantion hopefully this is ur month good luck an lots of baby dust
lemay25
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM
No just make sure it's no more the 81 Mgs only take one a day till u get ur bfp
KJ786
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Really? I have never heard of that? Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to research it! :) Gives me hope! How long had you been trying?

Quoting lemay25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melodynewsome
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Sorry hun. Maybe if you plan on Ivf but keep trying you will get preg b4 Ivf is needed. My DD was Ivf after we tried everything. We used all our embies trying for baby 2 so we are trying in our own while saving for a new Ivf cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lemay25
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
3 cycles I was al so taking 200 Mgs of soy 5600 Mgs of folic acid an baby aspirin an pre.n hope this helps you the baby aspirins the only thing I changed this cycle oh an I used soft cups it keeps the swimmers up there
KJ786
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I hope so! That's what we plan on doing. I'm hoping for a miracle, that maybe Femara will do the trick. But, I doubt it, if Clomid didn't work. I ovulated fine on Clomid, just no pregnancy. :(

Quoting melodynewsome:

Sorry hun. Maybe if you plan on Ivf but keep trying you will get preg b4 Ivf is needed. My DD was Ivf after we tried everything. We used all our embies trying for baby 2 so we are trying in our own while saving for a new Ivf cycle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I use Soft Cups, too! Love it! I am researching the other things you said. I am excited to try it.

Quoting lemay25:

3 cycles I was al so taking 200 Mgs of soy 5600 Mgs of folic acid an baby aspirin an pre.n hope this helps you the baby aspirins the only thing I changed this cycle oh an I used soft cups it keeps the swimmers up there

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM
When do I start taking baby aspirin, and do I continue it throughout my whole cycle? I've found a lot of different things online, and I'm confused.

Quoting lemay25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)