Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you use expired preseed?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

I wanted to use preseed when we BD'd today but it expired Mar 2013 so I didn't.  I've since done some googling & get two different answers - one being ladies who think its fine (just may not be as effective) and the company saying DON'T USE EXPIRED PRESEED! (all in caps!)  I sent them an email asking why, out of curiousity.  They obviously won't admit that its just to sell more (lol), but if they have a good reason, I'll believe it.

What do you think?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Bump!

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Bump!

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I tend to be of the mindset that it just won't be harmful... it just won't be as effective. I'm like that with anything like that, though. I still have my muscle relaxers from my knee injury five years ago. LOL 

MalloryR
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I wouldn't risk it, but that's just me. I don't know if it would actually hurt or not.
DavonnaC
by Davonna on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I would see what it looked like. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I used to think once meds expired you had to toss them because they flat out didn't work or would hurt you.  I was at the doctor with my DH once & he mentioned using old meds & she said it was ok, they just aren't as effective.  So I've been coming over to your mindset, but its a process! lol

Quoting JessiFaye:

I tend to be of the mindset that it just won't be harmful... it just won't be as effective. I'm like that with anything like that, though. I still have my muscle relaxers from my knee injury five years ago. LOL 

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Quoting DavonnaC:

I would see what it looked like. 

That is what I should probably do.

wantthatbaby46
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

If I know an item's expiration date, I will not use it past that date.  Because I'm a crazy worry-wart.  It could be that they don't want you to use it because they don't want you to sue stating that their product didn't work as it was supposed to work.  If that makes sense?

~Alisonsimple smile

amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I personally would use it. I don't think I'd ever even check the exp. date lol
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting wantthatbaby46:

If I know an item's expiration date, I will not use it past that date.  Because I'm a crazy worry-wart.  It could be that they don't want you to use it because they don't want you to sue stating that their product didn't work as it was supposed to work.  If that makes sense?

Very good point.

I'd gotten past worrying about most things, but this is so much more personal, given where its put, and I don't want to mess up our chance to get pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)