Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

According to FF

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

So according to FF I should go into my "fertility window" starting today, and I should O on the 1st. I've been taking OPK's for almost a week and still haven't gotten even a light line on the test line... Does that mean that my cycle is all screwed up and not normal?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juniper1745
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Is this your first time temping?
MrsHubert
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yes.

juniper1745
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Then it's just estimating what your o day might be. My advice is to bd every other day. Once you put in a few cycles ff gets much more accurate. Good luck!

Quoting MrsHubert:

Yes.

MrsHubert
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Thanks! But why am I still not getting a + OPK? I don't even get a light test line.

Quoting juniper1745:

Then it's just estimating what your o day might be. My advice is to bd every other day. Once you put in a few cycles ff gets much more accurate. Good luck!

Quoting MrsHubert:

Yes.

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Opks pick up the LH surge, if you aren't getting anything then you haven't surged yet...

also, if you are temping correctly you don't really need OPKs...

those are some crazy temps. Are you temping as soon as you wake up? Orally?

mama2gg
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Its just a guess because this is your first chart

Your temps are everywhere and open either your not temping correctly or something is wrong

Also vah temp will help it level temps out better as well

Opk can go from barely there to bfp within hours that's why youre suppose to test twice a day

How long are your cycle normally?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHubert
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM

They are pretty crazy! This is my first time temping and I started out orally, which didn't work. So on CD 8 I think it was I switched to vaginally. I wake up at 4:30 am on the weekdays and was temping as soon as the alarm went off... Well this last weekend (Saturday thru Monday) I woke up late because of the three day weekened and was temping between 7am and 9:30am. I didn't think it'd make that big of a difference if you temped a few hours later but someone on here told me it could make a huge difference. I went back to temping at 4:30 yesterday... So now I know better :)

Quoting ZennMomma:

Opks pick up the LH surge, if you aren't getting anything then you haven't surged yet...

mama2gg
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I agree about the temp questions however do Not Agree with opk statement you MUST use opk to know when to have sex sperm has to be there is meet egg and with temping you don't know you have Oes till 3 days AFTER you O egg is ALREADY dead or
A baby by then

Quoting ZennMomma:

also, if you are temping correctly you don't really need OPKs...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHubert
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I have no idea how long my cycles are. I've never kept track of anything. I got surprised by AF every month... That's how much I didn't pay attention, haha. I didn't know you're supposed to do OPKs twice a day. I've been doing it at about 3:30pm with a 2 hour hold.

Quoting mama2gg:

Your temps are everywhere and open either your not temping correctly or something is wrong

Opk can go from barely there to bfp within hours that's why youre suppose to test twice a day

mama2gg
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Yes twice a day use wondfonoff Amazon they are cheap and work just as well as rhe diggi ones

You will need to chart for 3-6 months then to see how long your normal cycles are and how long your lp is to know when af is actually due for you

You also don't need to hold for opk they aren't like hpt lh builds all day long its either going to be positive hold or not

If you have any questions post away many women have charted for a long time here I've personally charted for 4 years

Quoting MrsHubert:

I have no idea how long my cycles are. I've never kept track of anything. I got surprised by AF every month... That's how much I didn't pay attention, haha. I didn't know you're supposed to do OPKs twice a day. I've been doing it at about 3:30pm with a 2 hour hold.

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)