Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing Hope for my miracle baby

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

I dont understand how I am 23 years old and my husband is 24, yet have been TTC for over 4 years and 2 years with clomid. We have both been tested and everything is fine, so why arent we getting our BPF!? It just makes no sense to me, are we not meant to have kids or something? Is there any advice you ladies can give me to help with conception? I chart, temp, take prenatal vitamins, do not smoke nor drink and my husband is even taking a daily vitamin and does not smoke and ocassinaolly drinks!

**Please Help**

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fleurmegs
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I'm so sorry - sometimes people have unexplained infertility.  Has your DH had a SA?  

auburngirl814
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Yes, he had an SA before my OBGYN would even start me on clomid.

Quoting fleurmegs:

I'm so sorry - sometimes people have unexplained infertility.  Has your DH had a SA?  

katamike
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Have you ever had your vitamin d checked? Are your cycles normal? Progesterone ok?

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Have you been using Clomid for the entire last 2 years - or just off & on?  I know they usually only want you to use it for maybe 6 cycles & then you need to be off for a while because it thins your uterine lining.

fleurmegs
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Well that's good!  I'm not sure what other tests you've done, but I would continue doing all the tests you can, all the while just keep trying.  2 years is a long time, and I'm really sorry. :(

If all tests come up fine, you probably just have unexplained infertility.  My doc said more than half of people that go through IVF have unexplained infertility.  

I would also look into seeing a naturopath - sometimes our bodies can be weird and are undetected by tests, and naturopaths can give you a gentle regiment to help your body work better (and you can continue all the other stuff too usually!).

GL and hopefully you get some answers!

Quoting auburngirl814:

Quoting fleurmegs:

auburngirl814
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have been on it constantly since oct. 2011. I had an ectopic in Nov. 2012 and then I took a break from Nov to Feb. and Now I am back on again. As far as i know my levels are normal.

Quoting GwenMB:

Have you been using Clomid for the entire last 2 years - or just off & on?  I know they usually only want you to use it for maybe 6 cycles & then you need to be off for a while because it thins your uterine lining.

fleurmegs
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I also meant to add that sometimes food allergies and celiacs can cause infertility - I'm almost certain that may be ONE of my issues.  Sometimes regular docs don't explore this enough.

Quoting fleurmegs:

Well that's good!  I'm not sure what other tests you've done, but I would continue doing all the tests you can, all the while just keep trying.  2 years is a long time, and I'm really sorry. :(

If all tests come up fine, you probably just have unexplained infertility.  My doc said more than half of people that go through IVF have unexplained infertility.  

I would also look into seeing a naturopath - sometimes our bodies can be weird and are undetected by tests, and naturopaths can give you a gentle regiment to help your body work better (and you can continue all the other stuff too usually!).

Quoting auburngirl814:

Quoting fleurmegs:

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM

This is a very good point.  Celiacs most definitely affects fertility (I have Celiacs & can't imagine ttc while eating gluten - just wouldn't work!).  The good thing with Celiacs, or any other food allergy, is that just avoiding the food you can't eat solves the problem.  Not that its easy to avoid gluten, for example, but the alternative is much worse.

(Good reminder that I need to do my Celiacs PSA today - the last day of Celiacs Awareness Month.)

Quoting fleurmegs:

I also meant to add that sometimes food allergies and celiacs can cause infertility - I'm almost certain that may be ONE of my issues.  Sometimes regular docs don't explore this enough.

Quoting fleurmegs:

Quoting auburngirl814:

Quoting fleurmegs:

fleurmegs
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I also have celiacs and had a REALLY bad contamination this cycle, and I'm just getting over symptoms (it was about a week ago!).  Prepping your own food helps - and except for bread and eating out, DH doesn't bring gluten into the house.  And we have separate toasters lol.  I'm actually really happy he's gone mostly GF for me, and he's very good at not contaminating me.

But it can definitely take your body a long time to heal itself if you've been exposing it to gluten (or other things you're allergic to).  My doc told me it's a good idea for anyone with fertility issues to go GF because it's just a hard protein in the body.

Quoting GwenMB:

This is a very good point.  Celiacs most definitely affects fertility (I have Celiacs & can't imagine ttc while eating gluten - just wouldn't work!).  The good thing with Celiacs, or any other food allergy, is that just avoiding the food you can't eat solves the problem.  Not that its easy to avoid gluten, for example, but the alternative is much worse.

(Good reminder that I need to do my Celiacs PSA today - the last day of Celiacs Awareness Month.)

Quoting fleurmegs:

Quoting fleurmegs:

Quoting auburngirl814:

Quoting fleurmegs:

auburngirl814
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Thanks for all of the input! I go back to my OBGYN in August, and if not pregnant by then, she is going to take me off the clomid and my next step will br IUI. I just feel like I am too young to be having all of this. IUI and IVF are HUGE steps, but I am willing to take those steps to have a family.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting fleurmegs:

Quoting fleurmegs:

Quoting auburngirl814:

Quoting fleurmegs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)