Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help ,not sure if i am going insane update

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

okay I had my dd in 2010 ,I did nurse her and bottle feed ,then she wenton strike ,but I haven't nursed her in a very long time .I think I have a clogged milk duct is that even possible ,lately she has been sleeping at my left breast and today I have what feels like a clogged milk duct ,can this happen after a year of not nursing,Btw I still sometimes leak milk .If it can what do I do to make the pain go away .Please I am going insane over her.Thanks

update went to the doctor and I have a clogged milk duct ,not pregnant but have a clogged duct ,crazy I know right ,my doctor said try hot water and a breast pump .I feel weird about pumping and no baby to feed .maybe it is just me .My doctor thinks it had something to due with my dd sleeping by my breast making my brain think I need to feed her .I am still not sure ,I think he was a quack of a doctor but I will be trying it soon .Thanks of your help .

by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama2gg
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Bump I would guess would be more like mastitis and needed antibiotic but what do I know lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrskandi
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

So I should call my doctor then .Okay thanks

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Massage & heat usually helps clogged milk ducts, so I would try massaging it & putting a heating pad on - massaging it in a hot shower is what really helped me when I had a clogged duct.

Given how long its been, you may want to call your OB & see what they think, though. 

mrskandi
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Okay thank you .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)