Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we are no longer going to try to conceive:(

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband and I were talking last night. He kinda said we shouldnt gwt pregnant reason well I have individual health insurance which is not bad a month for me and my 2 yr old son. My husband gets free insurance at work. Its almost open enrollment at his job but its like 450 to 500dls for family we dont qualify for state assistance. If I would get pregnant I dont know what wwe will do without health insurance any ideas I mean how can I get maternity insurance cheap its so expensive and some you need to wait a full year to use it.i am just stressing out:( please help any advise will greatly be appreciated
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Homebirth is cheaper, maybe check into it and see if its something you would be interested in doing. No advice with insurance, my Hubby works through the state, so we are all on his insurance!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Homebirth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gladys_ortiz89
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Never thought about it what about prentalq check ups
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Normally we don't qualify for state insurance (my hubs and I) but when pregnant I qualify automatically. I would check more into how it works in your state. Also home birth like the other women said. My friend was going to do it and it would've cost her like $2800 I think she said for her midwife (in home prenatal visits & birth). But again that's my area but I know its still cheaper than hospitals birth no matter where you are. I'm considering the idea for next time but I'm still not sure
haileysmom15
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Maybe try talking to a plant parenthood. I know you said you don't qualify for state insurance but maybe there is a program in your area that you could use if you were to get pregnant, or even use now while you are trying to conceive. Good Luck I hope this helps or that someone could help with this... :-/

Gladys_ortiz89
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I never thought about planned parenthood. I think I ll loook into it.

Quoting haileysmom15:

Maybe try talking to a plant parenthood. I know you said you don't qualify for state insurance but maybe there is a program in your area that you could use if you were to get pregnant, or even use now while you are trying to conceive. Good Luck I hope this helps or that someone could help with this... :-/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)