Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

embryo adoption

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
Anybody know anything about this? Im curious if anybody knows anything about this. Dh and I are going to do up to three iuis if we need to. I'm looking for a lower cost option than ivf and adoption
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
This is my next step as well. Where I live it runs 3,000-4,000 and some states require you to do an in home study just like as if you were adopting a live child which is around $150-$200 but where I am one isn't required.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I don't know - but here's a bump for more input!

mysty923
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have done it

I have had beutiful successes!  I have also had some that do not work so you have to be patient!

It is the MOST awesome thing in the world!!  TO know you gave a child life that would otherwise die in a frozen trashcan - is totally wonderful beyond belief!    It is also great for married couples becuase they do not feel that the baby is more one than the other - it is your baby!

There are better clinics than others and there are better places.  I know of a private embryo adoption group - it takes 300 bucks to join and the parents get reimbursed if you adopt theirs and this gives parents some say

BUT if you do through a clinic - the families are anonomous - so it is ALL YOURS!  Again, you will save lives which is beyond comparison.

The cost can range from 2-5 thousand (total including meds)  depending on the place and how much your insurance covers. 

The waiting list also ranges.  I am tempted to get back on the waiting list at cooper center - where i had luck - just not sure I want to bite that bullet - the last time - I signed up on the list and had my embryos within a month and my frst FET scheduled within 21 days - it was great - they also do not require you to do any additional visits at their location - which is extremely great

RIght now I am on the list for my local clinic - the nurse in charge told me I will probably get to pick embies in August - so that is a back up plan for me - it feels like a forever wait

Feel free to ask more

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM

How much is ivf?

Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
It's lower cost but you don't get to claim it on your taxes....(unless in Wyoming) because an embryo isn't technically a child as far as the law is concerned.

Go onto fb and search embryo adoption. They have a page with testimonials and info on the process.
storkneedsgps
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I've been quoted ten thousand to thirty thousand a cycle

Quoting DavonnaC:

How much is ivf?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
How many tries did it take you?

Quoting mysty923:

I have done it

I have had beutiful successes!  I have also had some that do not work so you have to be patient!

It is the MOST awesome thing in the world!!  TO know you gave a child life that would otherwise die in a frozen trashcan - is totally wonderful beyond belief!    It is also great for married couples becuase they do not feel that the baby is more one than the other - it is your baby!

There are better clinics than others and there are better places.  I know of a private embryo adoption group - it takes 300 bucks to join and the parents get reimbursed if you adopt theirs and this gives parents some say

BUT if you do through a clinic - the families are anonomous - so it is ALL YOURS!  Again, you will save lives which is beyond comparison.

The cost can range from 2-5 thousand (total including meds)  depending on the place and how much your insurance covers. 

The waiting list also ranges.  I am tempted to get back on the waiting list at cooper center - where i had luck - just not sure I want to bite that bullet - the last time - I signed up on the list and had my embryos within a month and my frst FET scheduled within 21 days - it was great - they also do not require you to do any additional visits at their location - which is extremely great

RIght now I am on the list for my local clinic - the nurse in charge told me I will probably get to pick embies in August - so that is a back up plan for me - it feels like a forever wait

Feel free to ask more

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Thanks!

Quoting GwenMB:

I don't know - but here's a bump for more input!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Good luck! I hope neither of us get to that point. I like the idea of still giving birth to the baby, I think if you carry it then it is yours just about as close as you can get. Plus not everybody would have to know about the adoption

Quoting hypnautica:

This is my next step as well. Where I live it runs 3,000-4,000 and some states require you to do an in home study just like as if you were adopting a live child which is around $150-$200 but where I am one isn't required.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

WOW! Then if the other posters are right then it does seem much cheaper. 

Quoting storkneedsgps:

I've been quoted ten thousand to thirty thousand a cycle

Quoting DavonnaC:

How much is ivf?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)