Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption??

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
I was wondering how some ladies feel about adoption. Some females want to be pregnant while others want to be mothers. Don't get me wrong pregnancy is a journey and wonderful experience in life but when all fails you know there are to of kids that need loving families.

Has anybody given there child up for adoption or would consider adoption??
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on May. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I gave my son up for adoption. Its a open adoption and I can see him anytime I want. I wouldn't change my decision because I was extremely immature and had no support and to young. He's now turning 8 and happy. I am adopted as well and love my family. Its a great thing to consider if you have the love to give they need it more then you know. :) I think that was my problem my mom was older when she adopted me and didn't raise me with love more rules and punishments. But adoption is a beautiful option!

mommietwobe
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM
That's great and I would like a open adoption also. How did you feel?? Did you feel like you wanted to change your mind last minute??

Quoting cookie860:

I gave my son up for adoption. Its a open adoption and I can see him anytime I want. I wouldn't change my decision because I was extremely immature and had no support and to young. He's now turning 8 and happy. I am adopted as well and love my family. Its a great thing to consider if you have the love to give they need it more then you know. :) I think that was my problem my mom was older when she adopted me and didn't raise me with love more rules and punishments. But adoption is a beautiful option!

fleurmegs
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM
DH and I are considering adoption, even if we do get pregnant. But if we don't, we are going to look into it in October and probably start the process, which is our year mark. We just want to be parents more than anything, and it doesn't matter to us if we are biologically attached, and even though I admire all the wonderful ladies doing IVF and all that, I could never do it.
cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on May. 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I really didn't have a bond with him. I always knew I couldn't keep him so I never aloud myself to be attached. I gave birth and was so druged up when he was born. Not drugged up on drugs but like w.e they give you to help birth lol. But, now I wish he was mime again but he's in a good family! No great! :)

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I adopted my first two children. I always wanted to adopt when I was growing up, even before I knew I would experience fertility problems. When I did, it was an amazing experience. But it never took away my desire to be pregnant. I suppose if I had been pregnant first, I would've longed to adopt.

I was eventually able to get pregnant and I have quite an amazing family. I always tell the kids I'm the luckiest kind of mom because I got to do both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I have 2 biological children and am trying for my 3rd.  Until I was a mother, I wouldn't have considered adoption.  I can't say what I would have done if I couldn't have had my own children.  However, now that I have loved my kids and seen how much suffering there is out there, my husband and I are open to adoption down the road.  My MIL is adopted and it breaks my heart to know there are kids out there not being cherished the way we cherish our own children.  I don't know for sure we will adopt but we are open to the idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)