Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ordered my first opk kit online

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 18 Replies
Not feeling hopeful this cycle, even though I'm not out yet, af is not due till tomorrow. But if she shows, I'm gonna try the opk's next cycle. It will be my first time using them, so any advice about how to use them will be appreciated.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalloryR
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Make sure to start using them before you think you are going to ovulate, not just when you think you are. A lot of women miss their window that way. Also, take them in the afternoon and evening. I always ordered the Wondfo OPKs. They are cheap and reliable. :) Good luck!
Ttucker1981
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I nearly missed this O for the cycle due to only testing in the morning, I never got a positive in the AM however I hear it is helpful to test twice a day just so you don't miss it. Luckily I started testing at night and got a positive a couple days later at around 8pmish

yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Okay, so start using before O, and don't test in the morning. Does the urine need to be concentrated like for a preg test?

Quoting MalloryR:

Make sure to start using them before you think you are going to ovulate, not just when you think you are. A lot of women miss their window that way. Also, take them in the afternoon and evening. I always ordered the Wondfo OPKs. They are cheap and reliable. :) Good luck!

yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Thank you for the advice :-)

Quoting Ttucker1981:

I nearly missed this O for the cycle due to only testing in the morning, I never got a positive in the AM however I hear it is helpful to test twice a day just so you don't miss it. Luckily I started testing at night and got a positive a couple days later at around 8pmish

MalloryR
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
You can test in the morning, but you are a lot more likely to get better results later in the day. You don't want your urine too diluted, so just try not to drink a lot when you know you are going to be taking a test within an hour or two.

Quoting yroder2003:

Okay, so start using before O, and don't test in the morning. Does the urine need to be concentrated like for a preg test?

Quoting MalloryR:

MalloryR
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:33 AM
The best way for me was to test at 2 or 3pm and then around 7 or 8pm. I always began testing on the 10th day of my cycle because I had a tendency to O between CD12 and CD16. One time, I tested on CD8 when I was bored at work and it immediately came up positive. You just never know! :)
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM
This is great advice since I will be a newbie when I try these opk's.

Quoting MalloryR:

You can test in the morning, but you are a lot more likely to get better results later in the day. You don't want your urine too diluted, so just try not to drink a lot when you know you are going to be taking a test within an hour or two.

Quoting yroder2003:

Quoting MalloryR:

yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I have a p tracker app on my phone, and it has the green dot starting on cd9 for my fertile week, does that sound like a good time to start testing?

Quoting MalloryR:

The best way for me was to test at 2 or 3pm and then around 7 or 8pm. I always began testing on the 10th day of my cycle because I had a tendency to O between CD12 and CD16. One time, I tested on CD8 when I was bored at work and it immediately came up positive. You just never know! :)

MalloryR
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I'm sure you will do fine. :) Don't get worried if you don't get a second line at first, depending on how early in your cycle you start testing. That is normal for some women. When I first started using OPKs, that happened to me and I freaked out, lol. It is fun to watch that line get darker and darker, though. Try not to throw out the tests or at least take a picture, so you can see improvement and know the time is coming near. I also labeled mine with the cycle day and time of day I took the test.

Quoting yroder2003:

This is great advice since I will be a newbie when I try these opk's.

Quoting MalloryR:

Quoting yroder2003:

Quoting MalloryR:

MalloryR
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like a great time to start. :)

Quoting yroder2003:

I have a p tracker app on my phone, and it has the green dot starting on cd9 for my fertile week, does that sound like a good time to start testing?

Quoting MalloryR:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)