Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Progesterone suppository question

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

If you've used progesterone suppositories, esp during your LP, did you notice any changes to your cervix?

Last cycle, and this one, I've noticed that my cervix is more open than I normally ever see and its high & soft.  Has anyone else noticed this with progesterone suppositories?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM

When I used progesterone suppositories TTC & injections during pregnancy it caused my cp to be higher & softer than usual but VERY closed. The progesterone 'in theory' should cause your cervix to be more like how it is during pregnancy essentially.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Maybe my cervix doesn't close until a little later. I've never had an exam until 10 weeks.

Rachelz123
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I've never really checked my cervix but my first cycle on the suppositories I noticed my cervix dropped really low before AF. So much that my suppository actually fell out. The second cycle on them my cervix was super high and that was one sure sign for me to test. I did get my BFP that cycle and am almost 19 weeks.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quoting Rachelz123:

I've never really checked my cervix but my first cycle on the suppositories I noticed my cervix dropped really low before AF. So much that my suppository actually fell out. The second cycle on them my cervix was super high and that was one sure sign for me to test. I did get my BFP that cycle and am almost 19 weeks.

Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

My cervix hasn't been super high, just high but I can still find it.  But that can change.

sweetpeasmom200
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Im on prometium and this month has been hard because it causes me to have AF type cramps and my cervix is high and soft not super high but so high I can only touch it with the tip of my finger so I can't tell if it is open or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)