Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so upset

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am currently 22 days late. Went to the ER last night for stomach pains. They did a Urine Pregnancy Test and it was negative. The doctor said its normal to miss one period a year. I've never missed a period in my life and never been more than 1-2 days late. They said to wait 10 days and take another HPT. He was an ass about it too. I've cried for two days!!! And now I can't see my boyfriend because of my drive way :(
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I'm sorry.

it doesn't happen, I've missed a couple over the years. I hope you feel better.

FuTureMomMie13
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Its just weird to me. I'm tryinb to concieve and this is the first actually missed period ever. If its not here by the 18th I'm not sure what to do then. I don't want anything serious to be wrong. I haven't got insurance right now.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I've only missed periods when I'm pregnant - and only had one be a week late (due to stress).  So I find the whole "missed period" thing to be very weird.

I don't really think you "miss" a period.  I think you don't ovulate and have a long annovulatory cycle.  Or you could O a lot later than normal.

It probably won't hurt to wait a week to test again.  If you still don't get a BFP, you could get a progesterone supplement (from Amazon etc) and use 2 pumps a day of 20mg each for 2 weeks.  Stop using it if you start spotting, but if you use it that long, a few days after you stop you should get AF.

Then - make sure you chart your temps and use opks so you know what's going on with your cycle.

CV3
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I missed a period once. It was weird. I do miss months on occasion but thats just because of how long my cycle is. Anyway, good luck hope everything is fine.

Anon22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I know how you feel. My last AF was April 21st and 2 HPT's were negative. You are probably just having an anovulatory cycle. Keep testing until AF shows up or wait until you skip this month (if you do) and then go to the doctor or for Provera to jumpstart your period.

I'm currently on day 50. Next AF according to Fertility Friend is due on the 30th so I guess I'll wait until then and see what happens. Good Luck!

FuTureMomMie13
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Mine would be dur again on the 18th. I've had cramping.. my lower belly has been hurting a little. My back hurts.. I sleep more than usual.. headaches a lot worse.. and nausea but that could be from acid reflux.. i take prenatal and folic acid every day..
FuTureMomMie13
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Nevermind. it showed up.
EAzizM
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
You could have just not ovulated. All you can do it retest in a few days. If you keep getting negatived you might needs meds to jumpstart your period. Good luck
BraydensMama163
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I have missed several. It happens.
FuTureMomMie13
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
My period just showed up. Upset about that too :( I feel like something is wrong with me because I've been trying for 6 months and still nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)