Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Do you exercise? How often?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do you exercise? How often? What is your favorite exercise?

We try to get a walk in daily but that doesn't always happen. My favorite exercise is bike riding.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juniper1745
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I run 3 miles about 4x a week. I also love to swim!!
momeofasweete1
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I've been exercising quite often lately actually.. until monday when i ended up getting sick.. but i still take walks during the day... it's good to exercise and lose a pound or two and eat healthy expecially when you are ttc.. it makes you more fertile =D

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Right now I'm just doing hot yoga twice a week and walking my son to school and back which totals almost 4 miles per day. I normally am a runner but after running 2 half marathons in 2 weeks in March, I got a little burned out. If I'm not pg this cycle I'll probably start a few short runs each week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM

What is 'hot yoga'?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Right now I'm just doing hot yoga twice a week and walking my son to school and back which totals almost 4 miles per day. I normally am a runner but after running 2 half marathons in 2 weeks in March, I got a little burned out. If I'm not pg this cycle I'll probably start a few short runs each week.

mhoelzer2988
by Meagan on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

everyday just about. workout at the gym for an hour inluding cardio and weight lifting and I just started jumping rope and love it.

fleurmegs
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I do some sort of exercise every day... usually walking, but I also like yoga and pilates.  My favorite is hiking.  I hate gyms - so when I can go do something outside, I'm so happy.  I hike at least once a week for a couple of hours.  I think DH and I are going to start doing day hiking - although right now, I can't do backpacks because I'm gettting treated for my back injury and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy, bend over, or run lol.

ccoyle4
by Caitlin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I try to get at least a shirt 30 minute workout in everyday and tgen im up running around ar work for 8-12 hours. On my days off ill do it 3x a day. It just makes me feel good, but yesterday I skipped because I took ds to the theme park and then went to work.
arg923
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I do Spin class on T, Th and Body Pump on W, F. I try to do some trail walking or just regular walking while pushing my heavy bike trailer/stroller with my 6-year-old and 4-year-old in it.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM

The greatest yoga ever!!!  It's yoga but just done in a room heated to 95-105 degrees depending on the studio and instructor.  I LOVE to sweat so I love this version of yoga.  I will have to stop as soon as I get my bfp but until then it's my down time a few times a week!

Quoting funhappymom:

What is 'hot yoga'?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I hate gyms too!  I'm an outdoor runner and I would have people ask me "well what do you do when it rains?!"  i would look at them crazy and just reply "uh, get wet!"  I love hiking too and am excited to do more of that this summer!!

Quoting fleurmegs:

I do some sort of exercise every day... usually walking, but I also like yoga and pilates.  My favorite is hiking.  I hate gyms - so when I can go do something outside, I'm so happy.  I hike at least once a week for a couple of hours.  I think DH and I are going to start doing day hiking - although right now, I can't do backpacks because I'm gettting treated for my back injury and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy, bend over, or run lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)