Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation advice needed. Pretty please. :)

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi girls!

I have a very regular 28 day cycle. I do OPKs but I don't temp. If I don't conceive this month I will start temping next month. I got a positive OPK on CD 12 and we BD that day. Out of curiosity I took 2 more OPKs that were negative throughout the week. I read over the weekend that sometimes an OPK can read hGC before an HPT can. So, I took one yesterday around 1:00 and it was positive! Cool! Took another this morning and positive again! Cool! So if that theory is correct I should continue having positives until my test date, correct? Well, I took another just now, around 11:00am and it was negative. Huh? I've learned that your body can hear up to O but then not. So it's possible that I almost ovulated but didn't and now I'm getting ready to, which is irritating because then my DPO number, which was 7, would start all over. Also, I felt the twingy pains I feel in my ovaries each month yesterday. A lot. And painful cramping. We BD again today. But hadn't since last Wednesday bc we were out of town separately.

Can anyone give me any direction? Besides, you should be temping. If I started temping now it wouldn't matter, right? Because I didn't before, correct?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HJMF
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You really can't rely on OPK as an HPT and that's why they say to stop testing after you get a +OPK. Fx you get your BFP, but I would just BD every other day, and hope for the best. GL!

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM

What was your cd1?

sprinkles9112
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

This. 

And oddly enough, I tested the + OPK theory the other day, and it showed up negative. Not that it's false, but it didn't work for me. 

Hopefully you get your BFP soon :D

Quoting HJMF:

You really can't rely on OPK as an HPT and that's why they say to stop testing after you get a +OPK. Fx you get your BFP, but I would just BD every other day, and hope for the best. GL!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mysty923
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

good luck

I am still not good at OPKs

arg923
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM
May 29. Today is CD 20 but my first positive OPK was on CD 12, so most likely O on CD 13. If today is my positive then it would be O on CD 21.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

What was your cd1?

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are always pretty much 28 days, I would guess you are not o'ing this late in the game cuz your LP just wouldn't be long enough.  CD13 or 14 would give you a 14-15 day LP which is pretty standard.  It's probably still a little too early for any reliable pregnancy results.  Good luck!!

arg923
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM
That's what I was thinking. ;) thanks for replying!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

If you are always pretty much 28 days, I would guess you are not o'ing this late in the game cuz your LP just wouldn't be long enough.  CD13 or 14 would give you a 14-15 day LP which is pretty standard.  It's probably still a little too early for any reliable pregnancy results.  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)