Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally and completely off topic! Anyone with decorating skills...I need help!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 15 Replies

I made a post in the home decor section but it is dead in there and I need help now!

I trust you ladies and have become "friends" with a lot of you. Everyone is so friendly here so I hope you don't mind this post.

Here is the link...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/33465/forums/read/18666655/In_need_of_help_decorating_teen_DDs_rooms

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smyle17
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
What about a hanging bed? It can be as high or low as you want. Throw pillows would work good for the window seat. Really not sire what your asking...Lol.
over40bride
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Quoting smyle17:

What about a hanging bed? It can be as high or low as you want. Throw pillows would work good for the window seat. Really not sire what your asking...Lol.

Asking for everything LOL.....ideas, pics ect. Hanging bed sounds cool! Thanks!

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Check out pinterest, search for teen rooms. They have the neatest ideas.

Also, you are looking for a platform bed, a LOT of people make them from palettes, if you can mess with them you can even give her under bed storage.

Really, I would just look at thrift stores and repurposing things. Like I said pinterest has awesome ideas, and often tutorials that show hoe to do it the easy cheap way, but looks great.

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

over40bride
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Quoting ZennMomma:

Check out pinterest, search for teen rooms. They have the neatest ideas.

Also, you are looking for a platform bed, a LOT of people make them from palettes, if you can mess with them you can even give her under bed storage.

Really, I would just look at thrift stores and repurposing things. Like I said pinterest has awesome ideas, and often tutorials that show hoe to do it the easy cheap way, but looks great.

Thanks! 

Yeah she lives on pinterest but we can never find what she likes online or in stores.

over40bride
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Quoting ZennMomma:

This bed is awesome but so not her style. :(

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just giving an example of the platform beds.

what does she really like? Maybe try google image. I know that's kind of lame, but I find the best stuff that way, I'm not very original lol.

over40bride
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting ZennMomma:

I was just giving an example of the platform beds.

what does she really like? Maybe try google image. I know that's kind of lame, but I find the best stuff that way, I'm not very original lol.

She wants her room to have like a hippie vibe. She likes mismatched brown wood furniture.

She is what I'd calla hipster but she hates when I call her that and says she's not one.

She loves all kinds of music from the Beatles to Arctic monkeys and Mumford and Sons and everything in between.

Let me put it this way. Her dream car is a red and white 1967 Volkswagen bus. LOL

brupert7
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM
What about a simple platform bed? They make them now with drawers underneath and stuff. More storage is always a plus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)