Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another PCOS Question

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
For the people with pcos, What were ur A1c levels? Do docs prescribe metaformin even if not ttc??? If my doc just prescribes birth control will it help with the weight gain from pcos? I have so many questions, why does my appt have to be so far away???? lol
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM

BUMP!

hmccord
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I don't know shat my a1c levels were. But, I was prescribed metformin both when and when I wasnt ttc. Not sure about birth control. Good luck!
ambs86
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Quoting hmccord:

I don't know shat my a1c levels were. But, I was prescribed metformin both when and when I wasnt ttc. Not sure about birth control. Good luck!

Thank you! My doctor is a new docror to me and I am just afraid that she is going to just put me on bc to help with the pcos but i am worried about all this weight I have gained and how do I keep the weight from comiing on???
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM
My best friend had been taking Metformin for years for pcos and is not TTC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hmccord
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Metformin actually helps you lose weight if you follow a low carb diet while on it. Now if I only practiced what I preach! Lol. It will mess with your digestive system badly when you start it....but hang in there, it will help!

Quoting ambs86:

Quoting hmccord:

Thank you! My doctor is a new docror to me and I am just afraid that she is going to just put me on bc to help with the pcos but i am worried about all this weight I have gained and how do I keep the weight from comiing on???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)